247 Final 2017 C-USA Recruiting Rankings

Harry

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly not too bad when you consider it doesn't take into account Isadore who is a 3 star, or anyone else we will sign. We finished 9th last year as well which included some JUCO guys who never made it, looks as though all of these will make it to campus, so I will say we improved recruiting this year and hopefully with a winning season will increase even more next season #GMG

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Still one LOI spot unaccounted for, not including the Punter. Might make the jump to 8th.

True and I would be surprised if we don't have some late additions like Jenkins etc which might improve it.

5 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Same as last year? I expected better!

True but Kiffin at FAU came out of nowhere to land the best class.  FIU with Davis was a big improvement over last year.  UTSA improved their lot as well. 

Just now, Harry said:

True and I would be surprised if we don't have some late additions like Jenkins etc which might improve it.

Tons of kids fall through the cracks after today. Plus some grad transfer possibilities. Those blueshirts are a strategic move, I would expect at least one more surprise before this all ends up. This is the first day to sign, not the last.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Rankings wise yes, but if you take out who didn't show up last year we were close to 11 or 12 last year compared to solid 9 this year. Improvement year by year is the best way of sustained success.

That's not the way that works

8 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

For note: we're only behind ODU by .34 points Adding a mid range 2 star would push us over ahead of them.

A school that just recently started playing FBS football and that has no real access to solid recruits in their own area. Got it

Not close to the leaders, but with all the add-ons sure to come, not a bad finish.   Also to my knowledge, NT only lost one commit.  Unfortunately it was their highest rated hs recruit, still they held on to most.  

Not sure of the strategy of taking away a lot of recruits from next years class to bolster the roster.   I guess LIttrell decided it was more important to get his numbers up than using the ships next year even though hopefully NT will be in a better recruiting position.   

5 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Who are our top recruiters? Unless I missed someone (likely), we did not have a single recruiter ranked in the top 600 or so according to 24/7.

I think it is going to take some time for them to develop this.

36 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not close to the leaders, but with all the add-ons sure to come, not a bad finish.   Also to my knowledge, NT only lost one commit.  Unfortunately it was their highest rated hs recruit, still they held on to most.  

Not sure of the strategy of taking away a lot of recruits from next years class to bolster the roster.   I guess LIttrell decided it was more important to get his numbers up than using the ships next year even though hopefully NT will be in a better recruiting position.   

Our roster is sooooo depleted of scholarship players. We are playing with near 2/3rds of what other schools are. We have to fix this problem. Even if we continue to blueshirt, and most of the kids stick it out for years, we likely wouldn't be to scholarship player capacity. That, to me, is part of what makes the start of Litrell's turnaround so miraculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Our roster is sooooo depleted of scholarship players. We are playing with near 2/3rds of what other schools are. We have to fix this problem. Even if we continue to blueshirt, and most of the kids stick it out for years, we likely wouldn't be to scholarship player capacity. That, to me, is part of what makes the start of Litrell's turnaround so miraculous. 

Yep.  Identifying talent and making sure these guys stick around will be critical over the next few years.   Cant have more Ivery-&-Goree-like casualties on this thin roster.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Honestly not too bad when you consider it doesn't take into account Isadore who is a 3 star, or anyone else we will sign. We finished 9th last year as well which included some JUCO guys who never made it, looks as though all of these will make it to campus, so I will say we improved recruiting this year and hopefully with a winning season will increase even more next season #GMG

Is "it could be worse" the unofficial motto of North Texas athletics? 

By the way, we just dropped to 11th of 14.

• Upvote 5

I'll go out on a limb and say the likely reason we aren't pulling in higher rated players could be in part because of 1) the lack of success that has happened to UNT, 2) The coaches are finding kids who will be here for the long term and kids that will be on campus in the fall... SL and them got burned by Haynes, Johnson, and Hoston(even though he made it to campus, he never got to the field) among others... I would think that the staff placed more of an importance on getting to school with them being here for sure than on the field with the possibly of showing up to campus... Yes, it would be great to sign a class like UTSA or FAU and even 1 or 2 or 3 don't show up, you still have a solid class but then the problem is can they qualify in the classroom to be able to play every day.

Yes this isn't the sexy way to do it, but with the # of SRs that graduated that had important roles on the team in Buyers, Scott, Gray, TT, Morris, Keenan, Davis.. SL and them had to make sure that the kids we got today, show up... I would think in the coming future they will be very aggressive with players that would be summer-transfers like we saw with Jenkins, Wyche, and even Hoston. This class isn't super sexy today but its a group of kids that should all be here and a class of kids that are connected and seem willing/ ready to help do their part to improve this program. Also, they found multiple solid PWO as well with them adding Boyd, McIntye(the Fresh walkon that replaced Goree) among others.

We dropped because they zeroed out Thornton and left off the Punter... Not sure if something happened with the Punter...

Losing Bradley hurt for the rankings because he was around 9 or 10 additional points to the Class Point Total.. if UH hadn't of landed Bradley, he would be up near/around WKU and LAT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1