'17 OL Henry Klinge (SLC) [Verbal: Baylor]

Marty

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Committed to Baylor

Well these coaches do seem to have a really good eye for underrated talented, it just seems to be pillaged by Houston and Baylor after we offer. I can really see why SL and co would keep things close to the vest if they could. There is starting to be serious validity in that argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Well these coaches do seem to have a really good eye for underrated talented, it just seems to be pillaged by Houston and Baylor after we offer. I can really see why SL and co would keep things close to the vest if they could. There is starting to be serious validity in that argument.

Baylor offered half a month before we did.

I think there may be some merit to the close to the vest deal, but not the way people may want it to be. Just because schools offer soon after we do doesn't mean they had no clue who the kid was until we offered. The other schools may want to keep their recruiting of the kid quiet as well, then when we offer (our someone else) there is no reason to slow play or keep secret anymore. It forces their hand. That's very common this close to signing day. Not just with the kids we recruit. Kids all over are getting offered in bunches right now.

This kid is from Southlake. He wasn't hidden from anyone.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Baylor offered half a month before we did.

I think there may be some merit to the close to the vest deal, but not the way people may want it to be. Just because schools offer soon after we do doesn't mean they had no clue who the kid was until we offered. The other schools may want to keep their recruiting of the kid quiet as well, then when we offer (our someone else) there is no reason to slow play or keep secret anymore. It forces their hand. That's very common this close to signing day. Not just with the kids we recruit. Kids all over are getting offered in bunches right now.

This kid is from Southlake. He wasn't hidden from anyone.

It was a statement on broader recruiting, not specifically Klinge. I would have liked to have him, but i'm still excited to see what's in the pipeline.

• Upvote 1