I'm Here to Eat So Much Crow Now

untjim1995

6 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

No, but there are several as bad or worse and they haven't been chased about with the e-pitchfork and e-torch.

Lifer and UNT90 both got a week long ban for arguing back and forth relentlessly over several threads.  They had both gotten several warnings.  Including a public warning that last thread.  They both persisted.  They both got a week ban.  

They reacted differently to that ban.  

I don't post as much because ... well ... the vitriol was too much and I'm happier for being around here less.

A lot of fans decided not to post anymore because the personal arguments between camps took over every single thread.  Harry doesn't want that to happen anymore.  

ETA: Let's not gunk up a thread.  Anymore discussion should be via PM.

20 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I know shopping malls have had their trials and tribulations but a location right in front of one and near a couple of major intersections would seem to indicate a lack of traffic isn't the problem.

There were only two people in the Tropical we went to in the Mid-Cities off of 183 a few weeks ago,  so maybe that's why their food was so horrible. I learned long ago not to venture into empty restaurants if you want fresh food, but I guess we were just really hungry for pollo and screwed up.

Someone mentioned El Pollo Regio earlier, and that pollo is definitely muy bueno. I guess someone needs to open up a San Antonio food thread, cuz I'm getting really hungry for some good Mexicano food.

21 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

No, but there are several as bad or worse and they haven't been chased about with the e-pitchfork and e-torch.

While I prefer excellent officiating I'll settle with less than that so long as it's fair. When the rules aren't enforced equally I tend to yell at a ref (or two or three). 

Maybe it is a Democracy...how many on your ignore list? That would of done it!

2 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Maybe it is a Democracy...how many on your ignore list? That would of done it!

No, @Cerebus and I think @All About UNT (though it could have been @TheTastyGreek) have said before this isn't a democracy. The site belongs to @Harry and he has the unenviable job of riding herd on this not always so merry band of green. The mods mostly do a good job. I try to only rarely comment on their job because it can't be easy and there's no way they will please everyone, even if they are fair.

I have very few posters on ignore. I find that having someone on ignore can take away from the flow of the conversation. I mostly just keep scrolling if I want to ignore someone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

No, @Cerebus and I think @All About UNT (though it could have been @TheTastyGreek) have said before this isn't a democracy. The site belongs to @Harry and he has the unenviable job of riding herd on this not always so merry band of green. The mods mostly do a good job. I try to only rarely comment on their job because it can't be easy and there's no way they will please everyone, even if they are fair.

I have very few posters on ignore. I find that having someone on ignore can take away from the flow of the conversation. I mostly just keep scrolling if I want to ignore someone.

Definatly serves as mkt research and customer satisfaction ! Hard to have a bi atch agenda when things are going good and better that expected by most! GMG 

5 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1kV08g8cn7RRopFuA1ia

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 4

I just came to join the pile on of Pollo Tropical. The one in Lewisville/The Colony was probably the worst place I've ever eaten. Cold meat, slimy/mushy sides, dirty, rude staff. I went there twice, giving it a second chance because I thought maybe it was just a bad day.... nope. Even worse the 2nd time. I'll settle for closing, but the earth should open up and drag it into the fiery depths of hell. They don't even need to replace it with Cabana. They could replace it with the dumpsters from BEHIND Cabana and still come out an improvement.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

I just came to join the pile on of Pollo Tropical. The one in Lewisville/The Colony was probably the worst place I've ever eaten. Cold meat, slimy/mushy sides, dirty, rude staff. I went there twice, giving it a second chance because I thought maybe it was just a bad day.... nope. Even worse the 2nd time. I'll settle for closing, but the earth should open up and drag it into the fiery depths of hell. They don't even need to replace it with Cabana. They could replace it with the dumpsters from BEHIND Cabana and still come out an improvement.

Exactly. And those stinkin' sauces. They tasted like something that washed up out of a fracking zone. To add insult to injury, they locked us out on the patio well before closing time, and we couldn't even get back in to get any napkins or water to wash the taste out of our mouths. We settled for some wine at the local grocery store which also helped us forget about the experience for awhile. They should cater to the prison system to reduce recidivism.

• Upvote 1