I'm Here to Eat So Much Crow Now

untjim1995

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

GMG.com, I come before you as an incredibly amazed, yet also incredibly embarrassed and humbled, poster here. I severely underestimated Seth Littrell and this team. Never imagined we could get more than 2 wins--and now I am just astonished at the 4 wins we have so far, with 5 to go. I have no idea where this thing goes from here--because I obviously know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm here to take my lumps and to recognize how wrong I was about this team and the talent on this team.

The team that I watched on Saturday was easily the best MG effort I have seen from our team against a good G5 team on the road in years. I really cannot remember our last really good road win against a quality, bowl-worthy opponent. I don't remember one at anytime in the Mac era, Dodge era, Dickey era, or Simon era. I know that we won at Tech a couple of times, but I'm talking about a game on the road against a team that is on our level of play.

Very proud of the Mean Green so far. Eating crow in a major way right now. I admit I had absolutely no faith in this thing ever having 4+ wins this year. After the Marshall win, I was stunned. Now, after this win, I'm just amazed to see their effort and improvement showing up so soon in Littrell's career.

I'm completely embarrassed to come here and admit how incredibly wrong I have been about this year--but I also incredibly glad to come here and say it. We finally have some serious reason for hope and belief in the Mean Green for the future.

For those who are religious, I recognize that I am the epitome of Doubting Thomas right now. So blessed are you that didn't see, yet still believed in the Mean Green. I guess, at this point, as a Catholic, I feel like I'm going to Confession now and asking for forgiveness and mercy...

That's for sure

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I didn't expect us to beat Rice, Marshall, and especially not an OOC away game against Army whose stadium is quite a ways away in a game we were 18 points underdogs in.

I'm happy to eat crow, the best part of this season is the coaches absolutely have something to sell come December/January for the class of 2017.

All I'm saying is we need to be prepared to bump up the pay for our assistant coaches after the season or they won't be here long.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

Just now! See what you guys did.

Pollo Tropical closes 10 locations

I'm sorry but I have always thought that place sucked.

GMG.com, I come before you as an incredibly amazed, yet also incredibly embarrassed and humbled, poster here. I severely underestimated Seth Littrell and this team. Never imagined we could get more than 2 wins--and now I am just astonished at the 4 wins we have so far, with 5 to go. I have no idea where this thing goes from here--because I obviously know absolutely nothing about football.

I'm here to take my lumps and to recognize how wrong I was about this team and the talent on this team.

The team that I watched on Saturday was easily the best MG effort I have seen from our team against a good G5 team on the road in years. I really cannot remember our last really good road win against a quality, bowl-worthy opponent. I don't remember one at anytime in the Mac era, Dodge era, Dickey era, or Simon era. I know that we won at Tech a couple of times, but I'm talking about a game on the road against a team that is on our level of play.

Very proud of the Mean Green so far. Eating crow in a major way right now. I admit I had absolutely no faith in this thing ever having 4+ wins this year. After the Marshall win, I was stunned. Now, after this win, I'm just amazed to see their effort and improvement showing up so soon in Littrell's career.

I'm completely embarrassed to come here and admit how incredibly wrong I have been about this year--but I also incredibly glad to come here and say it. We finally have some serious reason for hope and belief in the Mean Green for the future.

For those who are religious, I recognize that I am the epitome of Doubting Thomas right now. So blessed are you that didn't see, yet still believed in the Mean Green. I guess, at this point, as a Catholic, I feel like I'm going to Confession now and asking for forgiveness and mercy...

Classy post.

"Go ye therefore my son & sin no more." J.C.  (And bet against UTSA)!?

?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I was expecting 2-3 wins and I am incredibly happy to have been wrong.  Still a long way to qualify for a bowl, but I am genuinely shocked we are in contention this year.  I think we have already done enough to help recruiting, and make no mistakes recruiting is where CFB is won and lost.   

If we could get to a bowl game this year I would be ecstatic because I think the students, fans, coaches and administrators could finally capitalize off the momentum.  

9 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I was expecting 2-3 wins and I am incredibly happy to have been wrong.  Still a long way to qualify for a bowl, but I am genuinely shocked we are in contention this year.  I think we have already done enough to help recruiting, and make no mistakes recruiting is where CFB is won and lost.   

If we could get to a bowl game this year I would be ecstatic because I think the students, fans, coaches and administrators could finally capitalize off the momentum.  

The only thing --- and this a very cfb first world problem to have -- that bothers me about exceeding expectations this season, is the burden it puts on the team next year. Again, very first world. 

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I think I'm going to go to Pollo Tropical for lunch, so can well call it an avian compromise? 

Better hurry...just announced they were closing the one on Loop 288 in Denton.  There is a chance they will convert it to a Taco Bueno if that helps, but no word on that as yet.  Ten Pollo Tropicals closing in Texas.  Loop 288 on is on the closing list.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

Better hurry...just announced they were closing the one on Loop 288 in Denton.  There is a chance they will convert it to a Taco Bueno if that helps, but no word on that as yet.  Ten Pollo Tropicals closing in Texas.  Loop 288 on is on the closing list.

So is the one here in Southlake/Grapevine Area by my office. But we have Meat U Anywhere BBQ and that is all you need in life.

• Upvote 1

I have to say...I am very impressed with this classy post.  Thank you Sir!  The past is the past...no harm no foul.  Let's just hope others as well see the positive changes, the effort from this coaching staff, and get behind this program.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Taco Cabana, not Taco Bueno. (link)

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

The scary thing about this team, it is a rebuilding year. There are pieces learning and growing on the go. A lot of key pieces will be here next year and many will be here for the next 2 years. The next two recruiting cycles could turn this thing into a CUSA power, quickly. This recruiting cycle is monumentally big. We have to land some studs. 

You are exactly right. Next year and the year after are both very bright if we can keep getting on these recruits that fit Littrell's system.

1 hour ago, NTAlum09 said:

That's for sure

I accept that. Very true and deserved...

This bite of crow seems especially dry...

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

As a born and raised Catholic myself(shhhhhhsh, don't tell Hillary), and I have the scars from the Nuns to prove it, untjim1995, you are absolved from your sin of being a "non-believer).  Now, go say three Our Fathers and ten Hail Mary's; and doubt no more!

Fr.DeepGreen, I feel like the penance is fair and will even add in a Glory(to the Green) Be, just for good measure...

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

And yet others continue the same tactics...

I think he will cool off after a while and come back. I will try to get him and said Mod together at one of the tailgates and maybe they can settle down. 

3 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Some aren't as bad as he was.

No, but there are several as bad or worse and they haven't been chased about with the e-pitchfork and e-torch.

While I prefer excellent officiating I'll settle with less than that so long as it's fair. When the rules aren't enforced equally I tend to yell at a ref (or two or three). 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

No such thing in today's CFB landscape. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Army of Dad said:

No, but there are several as bad or worse and they haven't been chased about with the e-pitchfork and e-torch.

While I prefer excellent officiating I'll settle with less than that so long as it's fair. When the rules aren't enforced equally I tend to yell at a ref (or two or three). 

Perhaps you could have a private conversation with one of the mods to bring that point up with them?

I don't post as much because ... well ... the vitriol was too much and I'm happier for being around here less.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2