Wren Baker is the MAN!!

GMG24

here is the filter, or "geotag", the tweet was referring to. Basically, whenever people using snapchat are in a particular area, they can add these to their pictures. Professional teams like the Texas Rangers use them in a more advanced manner by having an updating score filter. 

Its just one one of those little things that would make the game experience better and more desirable for students and recruits. 

IMG_0449.JPG

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Can we start a Poll with how many people on the board know what GeoTags are and who dont know?

Maybe Who uses Social Media and Who still struggle with the power button on their CPU?

so they have to be in a particular area to get access to something they can put on their picture... that makes sense.

edit: I was under the impression that geo tagging was actually tagging the location of where you were. I guess that's still the case, but tagging arlington, texas might be a bit redundant.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

I'm as excited as anyone about the Wren and his hires.  I like it because it says that the administration is backing up their public commitment to athletics.  I will tap the brakes a bit though.  These hires have to produce.  That means forming a more efficient athletic department, helping the coaching staff to recruit the best players we can, as well as increasing donations and corporate sponsorships.  

It's not enough to say we've done everything we can.  This athletic department has a direct impact on how well our teams can perform on and off of the field.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm as excited as anyone about the Wren and his hires.  I like it because it says that the administration is backing up their public commitment to athletics.  I will tap the brakes a bit though.  These hires have to produce.  That means forming a more efficient athletic department, helping the coaching staff to recruit the best players we can, as well as increasing donations and corporate sponsorships.  

It's not enough to say we've done everything we can.  This athletic department has a direct impact on how well our teams can perform on and off of the field.

Absolutely Harry. It's nice to see a clear cut plan from Baker in terms of re-structuring personnel to improve as a department. It's been small things thus far, but the communication and customer service seem to have clearly improved. I have no reason to believe that this won't only get better. 

It'll be interesting to see the first major project that Baker and his team tackle. My guess would be an updated Master Plan with a fundraising model to support it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GMG81 said:

This thread title might very well be premature. Up to this point all WB has done is create more overhead with what I am sure is expensive personnel. 

This man while it is only social media is up working at 11:00 at night and interacting with fans and alumni on twitter.  This is 100 times more than the previous regime ever did on twitter.  The future is bright for the Mean Green. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I got up to go the restroom at the coaches show on Tuesday, came back, and guess who's sitting in my seat.

He confirmed my unreasonable hatred for him. I hope he found my seat warm. Douchebag

He multiple times pushed his way past me at said Coach's show when we were walking opposite ways to and from the food. Always with a scowl. I am shocked by his lack of ability to even pretend to be nice to, or act like he wants to be friendly with the people who fund his paycheck.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

maybe we can put some special pokemon characters at apogee and get some more students there looking for them.

I like this idea.  Make Pokemon Go open source so people can put their own things in there.  Who wouldn't love a flying Scrappychu or whatever the hell it is those things are named?