SMU opens -10.5 versus UNT

Harry

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

No, they didn't. UNT fans showed after a bowl season in 2013. There may have been 200-300 SMU fans in the stadium.

Really? Because UNT brought about 8k to the Hilltop.

A series slanted in SMU's favor. 

Once again you prove that you don't really read the posts before you just blatently offer criticism.  Note he said '06 where YES they brought quite a bit of fans.  

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

They showed in '06. They didn't come in '14 because the game started before their morning martini.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Kind of proves my point doesn't it.   Name another regular season away game, that has drawn that many NT fans?  

They will bring a lot more fans this time, but even if they don't it doesn't matter because the game will still be one of NT's best attended home games.    

Name another regular season away game within 30 miles of denton? Proximity matters. ..if smu was in east texas, we wouldn't bring 8000...smu is close and easy to get to...they suck and think they are better than everyone...therefore, we show up...easy formula...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Once again you prove that you don't really read the posts before you just blatently offer criticism.  Note he said '06 where YES they brought quite a bit of fans.  

Oh, he meant a decade ago? 

Ya, that's relevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Kind of proves my point doesn't it.   Name another regular season away game, that has drawn that many NT fans?  

They will bring a lot more fans this time, but even if they don't it doesn't matter because the game will still be one of NT's best attended home games.    

Ya, ain't it great to dump your money into SMU's program? 

Pretty soon you will be a SMU fan just like Emmitt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes it did prove your point.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Wouldn't say minor talent additions.

Unfortunately, as soon as SMU can get out of the series, they will. Mark it.

If SMU cancels the series, after 2017, then it could be the very best thing for us. A real AD can bring in an OOC game in Denton against a FBS team ranked above  100. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

If SMU cancels the series, after 2017, then it could be the very best thing for us. A real AD can bring in an OOC game in Denton against a FBS team ranked above  100. 

First we need to focus on beating a team ranked above 100. This is a great seires, close and both schools couldn't be so different. I really enjoy beating up on the ponies. We have to dominate the metroplex in the G5 market. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Ya, ain't it great to dump your money into SMU's program? 

Pretty soon you will be a SMU fan just like Emmitt.

So you are sayin that it would be better to have a series with a team that our fans wouldn't travel to, on the chance that they could bring as many fans as us to our own stadium? I prefer outnumbering SMU at Ford to being outnumbered at home.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This is crazy talk man.  We should play SMU every year for as long as we can!

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Not sure if it's the "best" thing for us, but I understand your point. 

If Littrell has this thing humming along with winning records by the end of 2017, it would be fine for SMU to drop the rest of the series and allow our AD the opportunity to try to get some other schools in here.

I'll research and see who has schedule openings for 2018 and beyond.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is crazy talk man.  We should play SMU every year for as long as we can!

Harry, this is so yesterday thinking. 

Playing SMU does zero to advance this football program to a higher level. Zero. 

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Not sure if it's the "best" thing for us, but I understand your point. 

If Littrell has this thing humming along with winning records by the end of 2017, it would be fine for SMU to drop the rest of the series and allow our AD the opportunity to try to get some other schools in here.

I'll research and see who has schedule openings for 2018 and beyond.

A lot of schools do. RV F'd UNT by scheduling so far out. It was lazy, and I think toward the end, spitefully directed at the program and fanbase. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Harry, this is so yesterday thinking. 

Playing SMU does zero to advance this football program to a higher level. Zero. 

A lot of schools do. RV F'd UNT by scheduling so far out. It was lazy, and I think toward the end, spitefully directed at the program and fanbase. 

Relax.  When the SMU series was scheduled everyone was for it; ditto, the Army series. 

I like them both because they are two very winnable games each year.  Most programs schedule that way - winnable OOC games to begin the season.

Remember, 90, like John Kerry, you were for RV before you were against him.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Relax.  When the SMU series was scheduled everyone was for it; ditto, the Army series. 

I like them both because they are two very winnable games each year.  Most programs schedule that way - winnable OOC games to begin the season.

Remember, 90, like John Kerry, you were for RV before you were against him.

Interesting how facts can change a person's mind, eh? 

Or at least they should with an honest person. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Fix the other two games on the schedule first.  Once those two are addressed, then check back in on the smoo and Army series and see where things stand.

Because an effective FBS AD can't do both at the same time? 

???

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4