Suggestions for New AD to Implement

Ok gents.... time to put up or shut up.  This thread should be a great place for you to post your "idea" that you have been hanging onto for all these years that either never was presented or listened to by the last AD.  Many of you have had some solid ideas in the past and it would be great to get a list together for the new guy to review.

- Mine would be, as many have mentioned, a Paint the Town Green day where you make an event at the AD that gets volunteers/staff to show up and take a stack of schedule posters and then break off into groups with sectors of Denton that they ask door to door if they can post the poster in their window.  Make an actual event of this (bbq.... tailgate.....whatever) and ASK us to show (not the other way around).  Volunteers get special access to a scrimmage and then go canvas the town after getting amped up on what they saw (hopefully).

Got anything guys?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Ok gents.... time to put up or shut up.  This thread should be a great place for you to post your "idea" that you have been hanging onto for all these years that either never was presented or listened to by the last AD.  Many of you have had some solid ideas in the past and it would be great to get a list together for the new guy to review.

- Mine would be, as many have mentioned, a Paint the Town Green day where you make an event at the AD that gets volunteers/staff to show up and take a stack of schedule posters and then break off into groups with sectors of Denton that they ask door to door if they can post the poster in their window.  Make an actual event of this (bbq.... tailgate.....whatever) and ASK us to show (not the other way around).  Volunteers get special access to a scrimmage and then go canvas the town after getting amped up on what they saw (hopefully).

Got anything guys?

Seth and Becas welcome tour was great. I was really impressed with the presentation at the student union. I would like to see every Friday before a home game a coach, cheerleaders, and a some members of the band march through the student union. Like a mini pep rally maybe 45 min. Take pics, for social media, get people cheering and maybe a very short speech. Throw some T shirts out. A frosh takes a pic with a hot cheerleader and it will be all over his social media page.

Would also like to see first responder day, military day and maybe municipality day for the wing zone. Free tickets if need be.

GMG

• Upvote 4

Basic stuff. Edit anything you publish to avoid typos, make sure everything you put out there looks good, hire good people from the bottom up to ensure embarrassing mistakes don't happen on a regular basis. Public image needs to be completely rebuilt. It was evident from RV's e-mails that the culture was very unprofessional in the office.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Transparency. Publish MGC numbers starting on July 1 through emails sent to whatever email list the AD has. Continue with updates through the first week of football season. Same for season ticket sales in Football. Publish basketball season ticket sales numbers after the first basketball game. Publish numbers every Dec 31 for major gift amounts received that year.

No more hiding terrible job performance. UNT can't be trusted to hold AD's accountable.

I was impressed and encouraged when the Alumni Association starting putting these exactly out in a professional infographic booklet format at the end of last year as stated measurables of where they both succeeded and failed WITH a stated goal and plan in place to address those failures. 

As with a lot of embarrassing missteps perpetuated by the AD in the last few years, a lot of the answers and corrections can take their cue from the other side of the highway.

Simply put, stop being such a damn silo away from the rest of the university.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Transparency. Publish MGC numbers starting on July 1 through emails sent to whatever email list the AD has. Continue with updates through the first week of football season. Same for season ticket sales in Football. Publish basketball season ticket sales numbers after the first basketball game. Publish numbers every Dec 31 for major gift amounts received that year.

No more hiding terrible job performance. UNT can't be trusted to hold AD's accountable.

A policy like the above could actually MOTIVATE people to join the MGC and buy tickets.

• Upvote 3

We need ticket office people with some sort of sales experience.  Not just the next person that walks in to interview.  People with people skills that have or at least seem to have some enthusiasm for the job.  We need Athletic Dept.  people that work to make their customers comfortable.  Not their own comfort.  Nothing annoys me more than going to an NT event and seeing Athletic Dept. employees clustered amongst themselves.  Get out and visit with customers.  Or get out and find another job.  And could some Athletic Dept. department heads actually answer their phones form time to time.  If I've heard it once, I've heard it 66-7 times that "so-and-so" is in a meeting.  Make season ticket holders and Mean Green Club members feel special.  We're not, but fool us.  Make us feel like we matter to the Athletic Dept. Quarterly meetings ?  What's wrong with a "club" meeting as a club and not just another word for people that give money for below average results.   

• Upvote 5

I agree with scheduling. Look at leaches time in tech. He convinced the AD to schedule some cream puff for non conference. Going 5-0 building some W's and confidence. 

On June 22, 2016 at 8:47 PM, southsideguy said:

Stay away from day games in the early fall, the casual fan won't show up if they are going to bake.  The real fans will show up but we got to expand the fan base.