North Texas 72, Lamar 88

Gakusei

You're linked to an eyewitness-me! I just returned from the Lamar game and we definitley averted a blowout by Lamar. Other than we got back within 10 late in the game, I'd say Jones has a lot of work ahead of him.

Pre-game interview, Tubbs said that NT would be a good gauge for his squad since NT was big and physical and were a true D1 Bb team. After the game interview with Tubbs, although he was very supportive of the way NT played in th 2nd half and came back to make it interesting, he went on to say the "NT was the equivalent of a Southland Conf. team. blink.gif I didn't take that as a compliment.

Lamar has a fairly "new" team under Tubbs, but they play pretty decent basketball. Bad on free throws, otherwise it would have been a much worse loss for NT.

From my seat, NT could be in for a long season again. Are we sure Jones can recruit?

It'll be turned around, and I think it's a bit too early to start calling the team bad. In that game last night, Lamar was hitting 83% of their shots for several minutes; many of them 3 pointers. I think the team started off on the wrong foot last night and ended up losing the game by the margin they lost in the first 10 minutes.

I'd love to see the team top 50, but JJ has to have a bit of time before his recruiting, etc can come to fruition, imo.