COACHES CARAVAN ?

greenjoe

It seems to me that there is very little talk about the Coaches Caravan scheduled to kick off at 5:30 today (W).  At the Fairgrounds (just north of the intersection of University Dr @ Carroll Blvd behind the Kroger).  I'm going.  I hope to see my GMG friends there. 

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Brett wrote that Todd Eaglin graduated. I assume that is where the unaccounted for open scholarship came from. 

No, I'm still showing 13 on scholarship for next season.  They are... 1. Brice  2. Brown  3. Combs  4. Frazier  5. Fuller  6. Green  7. Holston  8. Johnson  9. Lawson  10. Reese  11. Temara  12. White-Pittman  13. Woolridge.

So, if Isom does accept our offer someone has to leave (or stay as a walk-on).  I believe that he failed to mention only three in his rundown tonight.  Those are Fuller, Holston and White-Pittman.   

Like seeing Littrell is serious about the student part of the student-athlete equation:

– On the football front, I had a chance to chat with Littrell for a minute and got a little clarification on Willie Ivery’s status. I mentioned Ivery in a couple of spring practice blogs. He disappeared a little later on. Littrell suspended Ivery midway through spring practice and didn’t bring him back for the spring game. Ivery got back on track academically and is in good standing heading into the summer. Ivery still needs to do well in class over the summer, but is making progress

Good to hear.  I think this staff is outworking the previous staff by leaps and bounds:

– Littrell mentioned that UNT has gotten a positive reception from high school coaches across the state when it comes to recruiting

Good news:

– Littrell mentioned in his Q&A with Dave Barnett the transition both he had his players have undergone since he arrived at UNT has gone better than expected.

To be expected, but as much as I hate it for these talented players, Benford doesn't have the ability to get this team to that level of play.

– Head coach Tony Benford expressed high hopes for his fifth season at UNT, which he said is in position to compete with any team in Conference USA, including UAB and Middle Tennessee. That’s a big statement for a team that was 12-20 last year, although UNT does return 90 percent of its scoring and 80 percent of its rebounding

Women's basketball will kick ass.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, greenjoe said:

It seems to me that there is very little talk about the Coaches Caravan scheduled to kick off at 5:30 today (W).  At the Fairgrounds (just north of the intersection of University Dr @ Carroll Blvd behind the Kroger).  I'm going.  I hope to see my GMG friends there. 

GO MEAN GREEN

I think the normal people that might talk about this are keeping quiet because the mob-squad has done a good job of making those people not feel welcome ... but that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

42 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I think the normal people that might talk about this are keeping quiet because the mob-squad has done a good job of making those people not feel welcome ... but that's just my opinion.

Or people just aren't as interested in UNT athletics anymore. It's easy to believe what we want to believe, isn't it?

As far as Littrell's comments are concerned, go back and look at Mac's comments this time of 2011. You will find little difference.

Coach speak. Let's see what happens in September.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Screw the mob squad.  My family had fun at the Plano Caravan.  Again.  Because the athletic department was nice and helpful to us, I was supposed to be blind to their failures.  Stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Screw the mob squad.  My family had fun at the Plano Caravan.  Again.  Because the athletic department was nice and helpful to us, I was supposed to be blind to their failures.  Stupid.

I'm not blind to the failures/problems at the AD. I did straight out ask RV the status about baseball and he gave me an answer as to what the hold up is. I'd share it with everyone but I'd likely be labeled as a sympathizer or whatever because I'm passing on what was told to me by GMG.com's Number One Enemy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

I'm not blind to the failures/problems at the AD. I did straight out ask RV the status about baseball and he gave me an answer as to what the hold up is. I'd share it with everyone but I'd likely be labeled as a sympathizer or whatever because I'm passing on what was told to me by GMG.com's Number One Enemy.

Well you'd probably be labeled as that because I can guarantee his answer was laced with BS and you didn't know better but to buy in. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Nice turnout at Gainesville Tuesday night, not as crowded as last year though. No RV as Dave Barnett said that RV had not been feeling well. Mostly the same as what Vito reported above as what Littrell, Jalie and Benford had to say. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

Problem is you can't believe anything he says because he will lie to cover his ass at the drop of a Northern Arizona.

Fool me once, same on you. Fool me 1,000 times...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I went to the Fort Worth event and had fun.  I had never been to one of these before at any location, so I'm not sure if we had a good sized crowd or not, but I was very impressed with the accessibility and outgoingness of all 3 coaches.  Litrell went  out of his way to come talk to me, and a couple other guys, who were holding up the wall at the back because we didn't know anyone.  He seemed like a really good guy who's ready for fall to get here.

• Upvote 4