Texas Longhorns hire defensive backs coach with ties to North Texas

Harry

One week after cutting ties with assistant Chris Vaughn because of his alleged involvement in NCAA recruiting violations levied against Ole Miss, Texas has hired Arkansas' Clay Jennings to replace him as defensive backs coach.

The school announced the hiring Wednesday night.

Jennings has coached the Razorbacks' defensive backs for two seasons. Before that, Jennings was an assistant coach at TCU and North Texas.

"Clay has a tremendous track record for developing defensive backs," Texas coach Charlie Strong said in a statement. "On top of that, he's from Texas, has years of experience coaching here and already has great relationships across the state."

read more:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14797003/texas-longhorns-lure-arkansas-razorbacks-dbs-coach-clay-jennings

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/16/jennings-mix-texas-job/

Interesting. He never played DB at North Texas.  He was an undersized defensive Tackle (5'9" X 240) recruited by Dennis Parker. Played two years for Dennis Parker and two for Matt Simon. My son attended a summer camp @ Boswell High School that Jennings and another player ran. I think they were GA's at NT at the time.

Edited by SilverEagle

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Interesting. He never played DB at North Texas.  He was an undersized defensive Tackle (5'9" X 240) recruited by Dennis Parker. Played two years for Dennis Parker and two for Matt Simon. My son attended a summer camp @ Boswell High School that Jennings and another player ran. I think they were GA's at NT at the time.

What I imagine @SilverEagle doing after he recalls such specific trivia

xCvTc2AHbgD6w.gif

• Upvote 3