Grade the Littrell Hie V3 (Post NSD)

Cerebus

AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. AT THIS MOMENT: What grade do you give the Littrell hire.

• A+
    • A
    • A-
    • B+
    • B
    • B-
    • C+
    • C
    • C-
    • F

Now that NSD has occured, it's time to do the third of these poll. 

Please remember:

• Yes, it's early, too early to give a real grade.  This is more of a snapshot of how the fanbase feels about Littrell AT THIS TIME.
  • Results are anonymous (except to mods).
  • There will be a follow ups after after spring ball.  I'll decide whether to do them in season depending on usage.
  • There is no D, get over it, have a real opinion.
  • There will be graphs and trendlines at a later date. 

Here are the results of the first poll:

YNoz5fI.gif

And the second poll:

i9Dcsjb.gif

So vote!

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Seuss said:

Alright!

Given the hand he was dealt, an A.  He's done everything right.

Grading his recruits, a B.  It's still the best class we've had in 5 years.

Other than the lack of good QB recruiting, I would have to disagree. Yes 2013 and maybe also 2012 were horrible classes for mac. But 2014 was similar to this (more players, maybe less playmakers at the top) and 2015 was a better class than what we have in 2016 so far. We had 10 players that were rated 247 3*. Personally I think that 2015 class just came too late for Mac (plus all the stubborness etc issues). But this class has not merited praise through the roof yet. It is a lot better than it looked just a week ago. And I guess it is ok, given the late start. But it is heavy on JuCos and not rated any higher than the last two classes. We might be feeling its tiny high school size 3-5 seasons from now.

Edited by outoftown

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have to drop yet another notch... and he's lucky it's not 2.   'B' from me.

Same. He got some good players, and a few with decent offer lists, but we didn't really win many head-to-head recruiting battles. Lost Keenen Johnson to Tulsa, Texas State stopped recruiting Hamilton and didn't even send in an LOI, and some other similar examples. Just 9 high school players this class is a risky move, and will likely force him to continue recruiting juco players. Next class is going to be very important.

He's got the timing excuse, and he did a decent job finding those players whose recruitments had cooled, but he's gotta start winning more recruiting battles going forward. Very comparable first class to Mccarney, which isn't bad. Especially if he can actually follow it up with a decent class, unlike Mccarney.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why the drop?

QB worries for the future.  Lack of a defensive identity (we have no idea what we're running... assuming a 4-2-5).  The inaugural class so far is still in the bottom half of the conference (I understand the short timeframe and the 1-11 record to overcome).   Not a peep from him regarding Kidsey (this could be directed from RV, but if it's not, it almost seems cowardly).  

Still a B.  Not a failing grade, I don't think he sucks, but falling in line with a curve.   I was very excited at first when he was hired, I think because it resulted in a cleaned house and a ton of optimism.  That optimism is still there, but so is much of the mess. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Still at B- for me. William Johnson is a nice surprise. 

It is definitely a player with high upside. But he only counts in my mind if he actually makes it to campus and makes the grades to play. From what I hear that is not a given, but I don't fault coach L for taking him. It is the kind of risk a program like UNT has to take.

Edited by outoftown

Just now, outoftown said:

It is definitely a player with high upside. But he only counts in my mind if he actually makes it to campus and makes the grades to play. From what I hear that is not a given.

Yeah, I was just reading academics may have played a big part in his decommit from Nebraska. I never thought Nebraska was an academically "prestigious" school, superior to NT. Am I wrong?