Rome was not built in a Day

El Paso Eagle

5 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

Constant bitching over and over. There is a beauty salon down the street if you want to do that.

Well, if you go down there you might find the head coach you're looking for! And a few eager recruits too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

For the longest time I have read were people will say that we need coaches who can “find the diamond-in-the-rough” or spot the “hidden talent”. I have to believe that Seth and Company have a plan on how he believes he can build the program  (some mix of) –

• Transfers
  • JUCO
  • High school star recruits
  • High school “over/under looked”

Let give the staff a little time to build something. The relationships with the Texas High School Coaches will not happen overnight (I’m guessing they want to see an ongoing presence from UNT coaches, not just the rush visits they coaches are able to take now due to the timing).

The post of every fan everywhere whose school is underperforming at recruiting.

Littrell has to do better or his time at UNT will be short.

And he knows it.

No, Rome was not built in a day, but this AD has had 15 years and has taken us from a bad new FBS program to the worst FBS program in America that has been playing FBS ball for 20 years.

Let that sink in.

We have actually regressed since RV took over. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Who said he should be fired? What I see are people commenting that the super early recruiting "results" are concerning and other people telling them they are bad fans and generally thought policing them.

correct-free-clipart-1.jpg

58 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, Littrell is showing the signs of being a brand new coach--that Kidsy was working out is just ridiculous. I hope Littrell learns from this, but that is what we have here--Smatresk and RV hired a newbie to lift up the Titanic. Can he do it? We will see, but its gonna take a while.

For those people that were telling all of us that Littrell's OU and Tech ties were really going to show up around here ASAP, I'm not sure how anyone could possibly have believed that. He hasn't coached in Texas in a long time. Harrell has never coached here in this state, nor has Filani...their playing days at Tech are what we remember them by, but that doesn't mean squat on the recruiting trail if your team massively sucks when you start out on the recruiting trail. It will take time for any of those kids to want to play here. My guess is that 2016 will see some traction with HS recruits, but nothing great, so the JUCOs will get hit hard. I think its gonna be necessary, along with continuing to get transfers. HS kids don't want to come here over other schools not in the SBC or FCS. All of the losing, all of the apathy has caused this. The hope is that Littrell can coach up kids, get JUCOs and transfers to come here and contribute right away, and see if we get a win or two this year, 3 or 4 in the next year, and get to .500 or better by year 3.

But the key point of your post is the circus. The current ringleader, RV, doesn't really know how to find anyone that can turn this into a winner. And his bosses only ask him to turn a profit. So instead, we get promised these great trapeze artists, but we get there and see dudes falling down into the safety nets over and over, while watching these guys that are supposed to be lion-tamers turn into glorified cage cleaners. But all the owners of the circus look at is how much money came in and how much went out the door. Instead of offering up promotions to get people here or hiring acts that people have heard of around here that might cost more, all they come back to is the rising costs of running a circus and how awesome it is that we provide a value to the customers, many of whom prefer much better entertainment options, including people who grew up working at the circus itself, never to be heard from again.

Green-Yes-I-agree-button-300x300.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1