MGB: Conley retained as director of high school relations

Brett Vito

15 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I hate to interject here, but scotty Conley is a great man.  He is in the Texas football coaches Hall of fame.  He has been in some big time places.  He has tremendous respect from high school coaches.  So please hate on someone else.

Absolutely correct!  I am really pleased that Scotty was retained.  He has done a great job for UNT and, indeed does, have the respect of many of the area's and state's HS coaches.  To speak ill of this man is to show your ignorance.  Coach L and Company are going to be known in the offices of HS coaches...Scotty will be part of that change in the way UNT coaches operate.  This old crap that UNT coaches are never seen by local coaches is going to change under Coach L.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

46 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

I hate to interject here, but scotty Conley is a great man.  He is in the Texas football coaches Hall of fame.  He has been in some big time places.  He has tremendous respect from high school coaches.  So please hate on someone else.

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Have met and liked the man. Just surprised that a guy who was with two failed eras would be kept on. 

Didn't mean to imply Scotty was the stench himself.

Understand, but your words were more than a little harsh.  His position under those two other head coaches was director of football operations.  The guy who coordinates and oversees the logistics of football team travel, meals, equipment and many other operational functions...with pretty much zero on-field responsibilities is the last person worthy of disdain regarding on-field performance of the teams.  You are aware that Tommy Perry was retained as well?  In my opinion, this actual on-field coach was another good retention by  Coach L.  Anyway, glad you like Scotty personally.  He is a very good man.  I think a perfect fit for the duties he will now perform.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

One thing that has been very encouraging is that this new staff has worked hard at establishing relationships with area coaches. It might not help as much as we would like for the 2016 recruiting class but I think it will pay dividends going forward.

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Understand, but your words were more than a little harsh.  His position under those two other head coaches was director of football operations.  The guy who coordinates and oversees the logistics of football team travel, meals, equipment and many other operational functions...with pretty much zero on-field responsibilities is the last person worthy of disdain regarding on-field performance of the teams.  You are aware that Tommy Perry was retained as well?  In my opinion, this actual on-field coach was another good retention by  Coach L.  Anyway, glad you like Scotty personally.  He is a very good man.  I think a perfect fit for the duties he will now perform.

BUT, do you understand what our record is in the three major sports while Conley was here? 

Somebody get a banner.

?

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, greenit said:

BUT, do you understand what our record is in the three major sports while Conley was here? 

Somebody get a banner.

?

Funny, I thought that was for an AD that is over 100 games below .500 in revenue sports for his hires the last 10 years.

?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

20 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Absolutely correct!  I am really pleased that Scotty was retained.  He has done a great job for UNT and, indeed does, have the respect of many of the area's and state's HS coaches.  To speak ill of this man is to show your ignorance.  Coach L and Company are going to be known in the offices of HS coaches...Scotty will be part of that change in the way UNT coaches operate.  This old crap that UNT coaches are never seen by local coaches is going to change under Coach L.

Key word Ignorance!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Can't remember under which head coach it was,...(Dodge or Mac)...but at one time  folks were instructed to forward any info they may have concerning a recruit to Coach Conley.  So yeah,..he was doing more than just making travel arrangements.

Rick

Yep...all administrative stuff...as you indicate here as well.