Bryce English: Following in Father's Footsteps - By Brett Vito

ADLER

37 minutes ago, ADLER said:

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20160105-football-unt-transfer-follows-fathers-footsteps.ece

Football: UNT transfer follows father’s footsteps

Bryce English was on his way home to Texas a few weeks ago when his phone rang.

The former DeSoto defensive tackle had just decided to leave Kansas State and look for a school close to home where he could continue his career.

North Texas defensive line coach Kevin Patrick was on the other end of the line, ready to make his initial recruiting pitch. That discussion resonated with English, who finalized his decision to transfer to UNT on Tuesday.

Nice, and nice to hear that Zach Orr helped talk him into green.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Nice, and nice to hear that Zach Orr helped talk him into green.

This dude better be a coach here when he is ready to be done as a professional football player. 

• Upvote 1

My concern is that ether Vito, the athletic department, or both believe that English can obtain a hardship waiver and play in 2016. if it's Vito then he just hasn't researched the rules changes. If it's the athletic department that doesn't know about the change then wow. Just wow.

200.gif

10 minutes ago, casual fan said:

The way I read it, they can apply for a hardship waiver to avoid him losing a year of eligibility.

If he burned his red shirt, then he might be granted a 6th year to play 4 years.

It seems this replaced the immediate eligibility waiver.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

It is but the way Vito phrased it was that he would be eligible in 2016 which isn't true according to everything I've read on the new rule. 

8 minutes ago, casual fan said:

The way I read it, they can apply for a hardship waiver to avoid him losing a year of eligibility.

If he burned his red shirt, then he might be granted a 6th year to play 4 years.

It seems this replaced the immediate eligibility waiver.

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

From the article:

"English spent his lone season at Kansas State as a redshirt. A UNT source said the school has yet to make a decision on if it will pursue a hardship waiver that would allow English to be eligible in his first season at UNT in 2016"

Either Vito the AD or both think that Bryce can play in 2016. The rule states otherwise

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

From the article:

"English spent his lone season at Kansas State as a redshirt. A UNT source said the school has yet to make a decision on if it will pursue a hardship waiver that would allow English to be eligible in his first season at UNT in 2016"

Either Vito the AD or both think that Bryce can play in 2016. The rule states otherwise

I mean, it is a new rule, but a quick google search and multiple conversations on here can explain it to you. I'm with you, I'm hoping this is just a Vito mistake otherwise that's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1