Jim Jim not happy

Harry

Senior running back Antoinne Jimmerson elected not to travel with UNT to the game at Louisiana Tech on Saturday, interim coach Mike Canales said Monday.

Jimmerson ranks 13th in program history with 1,799 rushing yards, but he has seen his role diminish as sophomore Jeffrey Wilson's role has grown.

Canales said Jimmerson has been dealing with a friend being shot last week and has also not been pleased with his role. He had 5 yards on 12 carries in his last three games.

read more:  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20151109-disgruntled-unt-running-back-elects-not-to-travel-with-team.ece

Edited by Harry

I wish someone would talk some sense into him. I've been in his shoes. He's going to miss the life. He has less than a month of football left for the rest of his life and when it's over, it's over. There hasn't been a Fall I didn't miss playing and more importantly hanging out with the types of guys that are attracted to football. You don't get a comical cast of characters like this in the real world. He doesn't realize he will even miss the travel, the never ending meetings, the beat downs in practice, the weight room, conditioning, off season early mornings, ass chewings, and I could go on. Anyone who's lucky enough to be in his shoes needs to appreciate every second he has left. 

I got my ass kicked around as a scout teamer in high school and rarely ever saw the field, and I miss that to this day.  Well said!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Candidly not to raise the topic of the draft Chico movement but I agree with him. No one should be begged to play football. You are with us or against us. Whether you are happy with your role of not you are playing fbs d1 football a chance most will never get. 

• Upvote 5

I wish someone would talk some sense into him. I've been in his shoes. He's going to miss the life. He has less than a month of football left for the rest of his life and when it's over, it's over. There hasn't been a Fall I didn't miss playing and more importantly hanging out with the types of guys that are attracted to football. You don't get a comical cast of characters like this in the real world. He doesn't realize he will even miss the travel, the never ending meetings, the beat downs in practice, the weight room, conditioning, off season early mornings, ass chewings, and I could go on. Anyone who's lucky enough to be in his shoes needs to appreciate every second he has left. 

Jimmerson is a senior and needs to be a leader no matter what the situation is. However I believe he is done mentally and just counting down the days until its all over.

Sad

• Upvote 3

He's pissed, who cares? Jimmerson is getting a free education & playing D1 football, something a lot of kids dream of. I'm pissed at him for getting arrested for shoplifting at Dillards his freshman year & getting arrested again this year at 2:00 am, not only embarrassing himself but his family & his teammates. He's had some good highlights here, who can forget the ULL or Rice games? Stick it out and grow up Jim Jim.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1