What a minute now ... that going a bit too far.  Mendoza was special bad. 

Cosh's defense gives up 286 passing yards and 253 rushing yards per game. Total 539

Mendoza's defense gave up 257 passing yards and 230 rushing yards per game  Total 487

EDIT: Cosh's numbers will be worse after today's final.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1

What a minute now ... that going a bit too far.  Mendoza was special bad. 

Not this bad.  Mendoza gave up 45.1 points per game in his only season as DC in 2007. Cosh was giving up 44.3 ppg before today. After today, he is giving up 45.6 ppg. It will only get worse next week at UT.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

Not this bad.  Mendoza gave up 45.1 points per game in his only season as DC in 2007. Cosh was giving up 44.3 ppg before today. After today, he will have given up 46.8 ppg. It will only get worse next week at UT. He will have to average 40 points or less per game over the last 3 games to not be worse than Mendoza. I have my doubts.

Cosh now at 45.6 points per game

• Upvote 1

How in the world does Chico get a pass?   The offense was terrible as well and we can pull all the trash stats out, most coaches would have had our 2nd string out there at the very least when the game was over but we still had our 1st string offense against there 3rd and 4th stringers. BUT we finally scored so that is something. Actually it really is not. 

Keep in mind Cosh's Defense scored a TD  in our super win against KFC and Special teams scored 2 so, without those 7 points we could have been in real trouble. 

Edited by KingDL1

beside recruiting, hiring good ole boys was mac's biggest shortcoming. quartaro, conley, and cosh are perfect examples... mike simmonds is aswell to a certain extent. I never believed the hype of the o-line and once we lost a qb that made them look good by getting rid of the ball, you saw they weren't special. 

• Upvote 1

beside recruiting, hiring good ole boys was mac's biggest shortcoming. quartaro, conley, and cosh are perfect examples... mike simmonds is aswell to a certain extent. I never believed the hype of the o-line and once we lost a qb that made them look good by getting rid of the ball, you saw they weren't special. 

Conley was here before Mac.

• Upvote 1

Stahhhppppp! The O-line was great in 2013 and it wasn't because of D Thompson. According to cfbstats.com (http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html) they were number 1 in least sacks allowed in 2012 and number 6 in 2013. We had big, seasoned O-linemen with chemistry. D Thompson was good by UNT standards but he wasn't some elite world class QB. I watched almost all of his games from the day I set foot at UNT and he missed a lot of short passes or put our guys in bad positions to catch passes (high throws leaving guys open to get leveled) even in 2013. Don't attribute the success of our O-line solely to Thompson. It's a mutual relationship between QB, O-Line and RB and I believe the O-Line is actually what made Thompson and our RBs what they were back in 2013. Put that O-Line with who we have now and we are running for 250+ yards per game as a team.

• Upvote 4

Stahhhppppp! The O-line was great in 2013 and it wasn't because of D Thompson. According to cfbstats.com (http://www.cfbstats.com/2013/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html) they were number 1 in least sacks allowed in 2012 and number 6 in 2013. We had big, seasoned O-linemen with chemistry. D Thompson was good by UNT standards but he wasn't some elite world class QB. I watched almost all of his games from the day I set foot at UNT and he missed a lot of short passes or put our guys in bad positions to catch passes (high throws leaving guys open to get leveled) even in 2013. Don't attribute the success of our O-line solely to Thompson. It's a mutual relationship between QB, O-Line and RB and I believe the O-Line is actually what made Thompson and our RBs what they were back in 2013. Put that O-Line with who we have now and we are running for 250+ yards per game as a team.

Even with the best O-line,  you are going to get sacked if you hold on to the ball too long which is why in 2013 with virtually the same RBs  (only losing Byrd but adding Wilson and Evans) and O-line, we went from 6th in 2013giving up 11 sacks in 13 games (less than 1 per game) to 59th in 2014 giving up 25 in 12 games (more than 2 per game).

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

Even with the best O-line,  you are going to get sacked if you hold on to the ball too long which is why in 2013 with virtually the same RBs  (only losing Byrd but adding Wilson and Evans) and O-line, we went from 6th in 2013giving up 11 sacks in 13 games (less than 1 per game) to 59th in 2014 giving up 25 in 12 games (more than 2 per game).

How does losing an experienced back in Byrd and adding Wilson and Evans add up to being "virtually the same RBs"? Even with Wilson being more talented (in my opinion), experience plays a factor especially in pass protection. Besides, I never said you could sit in the pocket with some coffee and a good book if you have the best O-Line, I said it's a mutual relationship between the three parts of the offense. 

How in the world does Chico get a pass?   The offense was terrible as well and we can pull all the trash stats out, most coaches would have had our 2nd string out there at the very least when the game was over but we still had our 1st string offense against there 3rd and 4th stringers. BUT we finally scored so that is something. Actually it really is not. 

Keep in mind Cosh's Defense scored a TD  in our super win against KFC and Special teams scored 2 so, without those 7 points we could have been in real trouble. 

Get a pass? No one is giving anyone a pass. Everyone is prepared to lose 50-0 every game this seaaon. Any point scored over 0 and any point held under 50 is a bonus. Canales is done in about 3 weeks. There is no reason to even be upset at any of this. 

For the love of sports whoever is the head coach please please please bring a friend that can coach a defense up.

Cosh is awful, do they watch film?  Do they run inside drill? Do they practice?

I know he mentioned that they started practicing like Division 1 program well that's your job to make that happen  so the egg is on your face.

You basically said "I have a hard time running a practice"

Do they ever practice tackling. I swear our tackling gets worse and worse each week. I just dont get it. I know every defensive player wants to absolutely decleat an offensive player and just comes in there with a shoulder but you have to use "Big Arms" and actually wrap up the guy and dont let go until the whistle blows.

• Upvote 4