Jeff Wilson is special

Harry

How many of these players do we keep?  I feel betrayed by this team but still support the Green.  I am willing to go to bare bones and let the new coach build with hungry players who will wear our jersey with pride.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Yes Wilson is special. He could develop into one of the best backs North Texas has ever had. Here are his stats...

Tonight vs. Marshall: 17 carries for 138 yards, with an average of 8.1 yards a carry. Plus 1 reception for 9 yards.

On the season: 59 carries for 351 yards, with an average of 5.9 yards a carry. Plus 3 receptions for 24 yards. Not bad for just 5 games.

• Upvote 1

Most talented player on the team. Still sticking with that statement. Keep finding those under the radar kids out east. 

Billy, don't think there's anyway you can justify that statement for anyone else.  Wilson is the real deal! He needs more swing passes or wheel routes cuz that cat can GO!

He's a sophmore. 

Has 489 yards on the year. Needs 511 through the final 5 games to get to 1000. 102 yards per game to reach it. It's feasible. 

So we have two more years for the new coach to build off this man!  I like what I am seeing. 

So we have two more years for the new coach to build off this man!  I like what I am seeing. 

it's encouraging, for sure. I don't think we are as bad as our record or more importantly our play has been. There are pieces here and there that a solid coach could come in and build with. I actually think the O will be VASTLY improved next year with Smith having coaches that know what they're doing actually developing him. The OL will come back in tact and the offensive cancer that has grown to be is graduating. 

Call me crazy, but I think we have a decent core on both O and D. A good coach can give these guys a reason to fight again. Dan Mccarney was a motivation killer. They were numb to his monotone same ol same ol bullshit. 

• Upvote 2

He is a huge, huge reason why I'm frustrated at the thought of RV making the next hire. I don't want to see these next two years be wasted. I truly believe Wilson could rush for 2000 yards in a season if he could stay healthy and we had an offense that best utilized his strengths.

Wilson is great, but I don't remember Cobbs, Jamario or Dunbar getting caught from behind as much as Wilson does. His speed is what will keep him from being super elite. 2,000 yards? No, but a good building block for the next coach. 

With a little more blocking I think we will see an improvement.