UNT headed down the same disasterous path

UNT90

So, we have an anonymous hiring committee with RV also a member? If the whispers are true, this is a disaster in the making. The whispers also say RV will have no roll in the hire.

How perfect for a man that takes accountability for nothing. 

Disaster. 

Only at UNT would such a dysfunctional situation be allowed to occur. Wonder why others laugh at us? Look no further than this. Our own non-giving alums are laughing and shaking their heads, I'm sure.

Whats clear is that no one at this university is interested in fixing any of the problems with athletics. 

Will be be in the bottom 10 for the next 4 years if this occurs, then we will buy out another coach. Mark it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dysfunctional indeed.  The most amazing part is we have individuals defend it?  One would have to believe that the powers in charge see and understand that this thing is being bled to death.  How anyone can defend this department is beyond comprehension.

We paid Portland State $100,000 more than UTSA paid to bring in Arizona last year.

Think about that.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So the question really is this: What are you going to do about it? Do you keep going to games? Do you keep donating money to the athletic department?

At some point, a line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. What do you do to protest this?

I have no doubt that if the AD is allowed to stay employeed after THE major sports program set a record for the worst loss EVER by ANY FBS/D1A program, the mean green club numbers will plummet. Also, with club seat finance payments ending in January, you may see numerous club seat holders bail (especially if RV has the nerve to increase MGC donation level required for club seats, which I bet he does.

Attendance you saw last Thursday night will be the norm next year. 

Edited by UNT90

I have no doubt that if the AD is allowed to stay employeed after THE major sports program set a record for the worst loss EVER by ANY FBS/D1A program, the mean green club numbers will plummet. Also, with club seat finance payments ending in January, you may see numerous club seat holders bail (especially if RV has the nerve to increase MGC donation level required for club seats, which I bet he does.

Attendance you saw last Thursday night will be the norm next year. 

Yeah, but what are you specifically going to do?

I've already started.

I truly believe that the WKU game was my last one...unless the AD gets canned, I really believe that it was my last game. Just because of scheduling, I cannot go to the UTSA or UTEP games anyway, but I truly believe my last game was a blowout loss against a team known as Western Kentucky, who brought about 50 people to the game, with another 5-8k in attendance, sitting at the top of the center section at the 50-yard line, with two people near me in the next 8 rows of the section...come to think of it, its not too terribly different than being at a game in Fouts against some of our opponents from 1991 thru 2010...

September 2003, at a packed Fouts, beating Baylor 52-14, with our best team we ever fielded since Fry left...that will always be the high point of my UNT fandom. It seems a long way from getting our asses handed to us by a FCS school in the Pacific Northwest in an epic, historic fashion on Homecoming, prompting the university to drop $2+ million to fire the head coach right after the game. Our mountain top might not be that high compared to others, but our low point is the Marianas Trench of modern college football history...and we can thank the same AD who watched over both points over that 12 year timeframe. Congratulations again, RV...you won--and we lost (in every way possible).

I think some people fail to comprehend that the Portland St game was the worst in the history of college football.

Let that sink in. 

Yes, worse than Georgia Tech's humiliation of Cumberland. You see, Georgia Tech was the higher division team back then (yes, I know there weren't divisions, but we all know), not vice versa. Even the record we broke was held by a team that dropped down to D1AA the VERY NEXT YEAR. 

There is no excuse for this loss or letting word get out pregame that McCarney was going to be fired after the game no matter the outcome. It was on social media and all over Twitter.

Yet, as usual, the Hattiesburg Hustler hustles his way to apparently keeping  his job, even after leading the most important sport to a monumental record loss, a record that will NEVER be broken, and an the absolute low point in the history of this athletic program.

Let those facts sink in, folks.

• Upvote 1