How bout that defense?

man-up UNT

OMG, the worst defensive players I've ever seen in my 35 years of watching UNT football; my god the tackling was like a girl's pillow fight... Just embarrassing to the students and alumni. We're the laughing stock of the country with the lost last week and to hear the CBS commentators comment about how bad we were was just awful, we are a fucking joke! I'm done with this team forever!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

OMG, the worst defensive players I've ever seen in my 35 years of watching UNT football; my god the tackling was like a girl's pillow fight... Just embarrassing to the students and alumni. We're the laughing stock of the country with the lost last week and to hear the CBS commentators comment about how bad we were was just awful, we are a fucking joke! I'm done with this team forever!!!

Damn, does that mean the whole rest of the season?

Bye Felicia!

• Upvote 1

cool your jets! Yes our defense is seriously hurting. But we just got beat by a team that slayed an SEC team earlier this year, a QB that is definitely heading for the NFL, and a team with 5 high rated WR's.

I'm not excusing the poor performance, but this game was a hell of a lot different then PSU's. Our offensive effort definitely deserves a little more respect after Mac's departure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I saw several plays where the DB's were hesitant to make contact and hit the ballcarrier.  If you don't want to hit somebody, you need to get off the field. The DL got manhandled by WKU's OL.  The LB corp is worse than last year and the worst unit on defense. They just flat out lack speed & quickness. 

• Upvote 1

I saw several plays where the DB's were hesitant to make contact and hit the ballcarrier.  If you don't want to hit somebody, you need to get off the field. The DL got manhandled by WKU's OL.  The LB corp is worse than last year and the worst unit on defense. They just flat out lack speed & quickness. 

This happened pretty frequently, especially on the perimeter. Some (will not call them out bc they will get better) were simply afraid of contact. Didn't want to have anything to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

So true. I'm thinking that Mac (or Cosh) must have bulletin boarded that concussion article that someone posted on here the other day. I guess they've decided that hitting is just too risky, and it hurts too!

• Upvote 1

This happened pretty frequently, especially on the perimeter. Some (will not call them out bc they will get better) were simply afraid of contact. Didn't want to have anything to do with it. 

these guys were cover corners in HS, getting used to college game takes time and reps. I'd rather have corners who can cover than corners who can tackle, obviously combo is nice too

I'm not quite as mad as MU-UNT, but I will say this about the title of this thread........WHAT DEFENSE?

And until such time as the defense decides to play like a real D-1 defense, they must refrain from calling themselves the Mean Green. 

Originally, that nickname was coined for a very ferocious and dominating defensive unit.........unlike this current group of guys playing two-below.

• Upvote 1

Did y'all see McNair getting time out there at MLB in the 2nd half?   Dude is huge and can move.  Not very good tackle technique and his pursuit lanes need to adjust to the speed of the college game.  If he can develop, he's going to be a monster.

Noticed that too. I think we had 4 true freshmen on the filed at the same time with the corners and Young.