Mike Norvell- Arizona State

Robb Smith- Arkansas

Todd Orlando- Houston

Kevin Clune- WKU

Current assistants not in the south:

John Baxter: Michigan

Matt Canada: NC State

Mike Elko: Wake Forest

My favorite is Frank Wilson out of LSU.  He's from Louisiana, been one of the best recruiters, not to mention we've done really well getting players out of Louisiana and Mississippi.  UNT's biggest problem has been recruiting, he's one of the best and he's in our price range.  He makes $600k as an assistant, one of the highest in college football.  I believe we could get him at around 900k plus incentives.  If you want to get the best players, you have to find the best recruiter, he's it.

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can throw DJ Durkin up on that list as well. 

He's making more now than what we'll be able to pay him as a head coach....

We've mentioned Dino Babers a couple of times.  He'd be a great hire, but he'd be better served to stay at Bowling Green until his P5 offer comes.

Ah, I agree, I dont think he'll come here.

• Upvote 1

Neal Brown and Dino Babers are the only ones of this list that I would consider and MIGHT come here. 

Do you know of the other coaches or do you only know them because they're current head coaches?

Mike Norvell would be prime but I think he might cost too much, he's one of the top paid coordinators. He's been following Todd Graham since 2007 and he's only 33.  

Did you know that Frank Wilson was in serious consideration for the head coaching job at Troy last year?  Neal Brown got the job, he coached at Troy under Larry Blankeney before his most recent job at Kentucky.   If you think UNT has a better football program than Troy, please stop. 

He's not actively seeking jobs, I believe this means that he's looking to stay and coach in the south.  That only helps UNTs chance of getting him.

Like Harry said, we should only have coaches here for 2-3 years.  Hopefully they will get another job or if they bring us to new championships.  More donations should start coming in and we might be able to afford him for a couple more years until an SEC job pops up.  Then, we can find another HC who can keep us at that level and hopefully we'll be paying coaches $1.5 a year.  

Edited by Dr. Seuss