MGB: UNT considering forming hiring committee for new coach

Brett Vito

Never once said I was in favor of a committee.  Just responding to the statement that faculty would be a bad fit for a committee. There are a good many faculty that I would be most comfortable with having on a committee should one be formed.  To suggest they would be any less qualified than alumni members is ridiculous.  Lots of folks here on GMG.Com "claim" expertise.  What makes them any more qualified than faculty in your mind...including you or me for that matter....or any of the mystical 17 that posters here refuse to name?

It doesn't.

Too bad we don't have an AD qualified to make the hire...

And ask Fly if you want names, he is the one that through 17 out there. 

It's not the concept of hiring committees that's a problem.  You just have to be competent enough when forming a committee to place informed representatives on it.  

But really, this is all a moot point.  We have had a de facto committee for several years now, and it is comprised of 17 people (give or take).  They've accomplished some really exceptional endeavors for this university.  They have also proven themselves to be grossly unqualified regarding the hiring/firing/retaining of coaches.  

• Upvote 3

Would someone please [a]  define what a big donor  is at UNT name the 17 big ones that keep getting referenced. [c] I think the football committee has only 2 members. R.V. and the President. Universities these days tend to use consultants instead of committees to screen applicants.

• Upvote 1