It's Official Chico named Interim Head Coach

UNTflyer

I don't care what it does as long as we get a new coach and clean slate for next season. 

Oh and a new AD. 

The co-interim thing was crazy, so I am glad that is done. 

Edited by KingDL1

After the performance last night, Cosh needs to be gone, too. I defended Cosh after the SMU game because that was just our offense not staying on the field and the defense getting tired. Now every week it's just a marathon of our secondary not keeping up or turning around. Pitiful.

I will submit to lashing as well because I also defended Cosh after SMU. I thought the situation was as stated above after that game but the situation has gotten worse every game since then, at an accelerating pace. Sadly, IMO at this stage of the season we just have to see it through or risk making things even worse. JMO.

• Upvote 1

Canales did a fine job last time he was given this job. So far he been able to survive the firing of two failing coaches.The two interim approach was dumb. It will be interesting to see what changes Canales makes to the system now that he is calling the shots. If I remember correctly, his offense was more explosive, and used the shuttle pass very effectively. I see him getting Smith on the field and crafting the offense to fit his skills.

I have no idea how he might address the defensive issues.

• Upvote 2

Hmmm.  So if this plays out right, MiniMac will continue to play hard for us even though his surrogate father was given the opportunity to seek success elsewhere.  Then, in a few more games, he will get hurt and flash the talon to us as he's being carted off the field, leaving the keys to this thing to Demarcus Smith.   Is that how it goes?

• Upvote 1

Chico will open up all positions including QB.  The determining factor for playing time will be a 25 Question exam with 4 essay questions. Highest cumulative score at each respective position will start the game against WKU.

Chico will open up all positions including QB.  The determining factor for playing time will be a 25 Question exam with 4 essay questions. Highest cumulative score at each respective position will start the game against WKU.

Please guys.   Remember to show your work.   The last thing you want are points taken off for not showing your work.  

• Upvote 2