Co-Interim Head Coaches....

UNTflyer

This sounds like someone other then RV made the decision...i can only hope

I think this sounds EXACTLY like something RV would do. This is the man that hired Todd Dodge and Shanice Stephens. He is sitting in his office with a stolen bottle of Grey Goose giggling like a school girl. The only reason he didn't hire Tri-Head coaches is because Coach Perry told him to go eff himself.

• Upvote 3

I understand and appreciate your thoughts on this co-interim thing. My take on this is that you can't let the inmates run the asylum, they have to be supervised. One supposedly knows the offense and the offensive players; the other supposedly knows the defense and the defensive players. The players all know these guys. This all happened so quickly that it is probably too late to interject another coach into this mix, even if one was available.

This is not a long-term solution but it is not a bad five-day solution, or even a seven-game solution, because that is what I think it is. JMO.

Edited by EagleMBA

I understand and appreciate your thoughts on this co-interim thing. My take on this is that you can't let the inmates run the asylum, they have to be supervised. One supposedly knows the offense and the offensive players; the other supposedly knows the defense and the defensive players. The players all know these guys. This all happened so quickly that it is probably too late to interject another coach into this mix, even if one was available.

This is not a long-term solution but it is not a bad five-day solution, or even a seven-game solution, because that is what I think it is. JMO.

Literally nobody is suggesting this is a long-term solution.

• Upvote 1

This is so stupid. UNT was embarrassed nationally last night and now this??? There should be one interim! Cosh should've been in the passenger seat in McCarney's car last night comparing pink slips with him.....

It's because it's a short week. Chico runs the offense, Cosh, the defense. If we see any improvement, maybe we'll keep you through the end of the year. Or until a new coach brings in his staff on November.

• Upvote 1

Will there be 2 challenge flags?

Will there be 2 locker room speeches pregame?

2 post game news conferences?

2 coaches' shows?

Just so so so so North Texas.

Maybe they flip a coin each time. Who knows? Anyway, I get your point. Not wise to try to coach the team "by committee". The buck has to stop somewhere.

Literally nobody is suggesting this is a long-term solution.

My bad. Nothing about this arrangement is truly, by definition, long-term. Those last seven games are going to seem like an eternity though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was decided and then corrected. Pretty much everything went wrong yesterday. Besides the game also noted this

• On the square for the Homecoming Parade, there were TWU banners on all the light poles.
  • Driving past the mall to Apogee noted the welcome Longhorn/Sooner fans on their sign on UNT homecoming weekend.
  • After the Chad Davis interception which was called for interference, they showed the replay on the scoreboard, but the replay started after the interference so you couldn't see if it was a good call.
  • At one point in the game the 2nd scoreboard was showing the stats with the Rice and North Texas logos.
  • The marching band played one tune, sounded awful and at one point seemed like they were falling apart, Worst they have ever sounded.
  • In the 3rd i think, almost ran a play while there were some people on the field getting some honor, causing the announcer to panic and mess up until the officials noticed.
  • Feedback from mics ref was back
  • After another Portland touchdown, I think immediately after or maybe one play later the stadium played over the loudspeaker "this is how we do it!" as we were down 52-0. Yep, this is how we do it indeed!
Edited by MeanGreenHoops
typos and such
  • Upvote 1