How is this happening?

Harry

Bull.  At this point, we can't afford to keep him.

Keeping him around, even until the end of the season means another cluster of awful games. That means the players are going to be harder to motivate into next season, it's a bad showing for the public, and it'll likely crush hopes of decent recruiting. It'll be a short term pain but the long term will do better. Mac's gotta go. RV has to go. The new AD needs to eval the remaining football staff, toss out the men's head coach and likely the women's coach, too.

• Upvote 2

How did this happen?

1. RV scheduled the wrong bodybag game for UNT.

2. Mac didn't recruit and coach a FBS quality (or FCS quality) North Texas team.

3. The university administration hasn't stepped in and addressed the obvious failures of our current athletic program.

• Upvote 2

How did this happen?

1. RV scheduled the wrong bodybag game for UNT.

2. Mac didn't recruit and coach a FBS quality (or FCS quality) North Texas team.

3. The university administration hasn't stepped in and addressed the obvious failures of our current athletic program.

The first one is irrelevant. There is no such things as the "wrong FCS team" when you have a good program.

• Upvote 3

Bull.  At this point, we can't afford to keep him.

I agree that we can't afford to keep him but where is the buyout money AND the money for the new coach and staff gonna come from. If we want a good coach we are gonna have to pay for it.  Remember we also have a BB hire on the horizon as well.

I agree that we can't afford to keep him but where is the buyout money AND the money for the new coach and staff gonna come from. If we want a good coach we are gonna have to pay for it.  Remember we also have a BB hire on the horizon as well.

Football is king.  If need be, a new basketball hire can be put off for a year.  As far as staff, they're all on 1-year contracts except for Chico, and his 2-year contract expires at the end of this season.

If they could find the money to pay Coach Mac $800k a year, they can find the money to buy him out if it's dire enough.  And today should make clear that it's dire.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Football is king.  If need be, a new basketball hire can be put off for a year.  As far as staff, they're all on 1-year contracts except for Chico, and his 2-year contract expires at the end of this season.

If they could find the money to pay Coach Mac $800k a year, they can find the money to buy him out if it's dire enough.  And today should make clear that it's dire.

Again, I agree but I Just can't bring myself to believe that we will do the right thing and shit can the staff and start fresh. It's a rare thing for UNT to make the right move in athletics.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is what happens when 17 people  value friendship and access over winning.

This is what happens when an AD manipulates 17 people into believing that nothing is his fault. Ever.

And straight to @flyonthewall.  You need to decide if you want to be Rick's friend or if you want to have a winning athletic program. It's F'n plain as day to everyone but you. 

Because no one else has RV in their F'n ear 24/7.

MWC might want to give Portland St a look

every team in that division would stomp the shot out of them. 

They aren't that good. We are that bad. 

Yall will score 80 against us. 

• Upvote 1

The Portland State coach is putting together a good resume today for any opening which might come open. *hint*

"Maybe they are quitting on purpose. Perhaps it is Machiavellian. A loss like this certainly makes a statement. If it isn't a munity then I am speechless. 

• Upvote 1

Most embarrassing game that I have ever experienced at any level in any sport.  No point in supporting a program that won't support itself.  

I had to take photos once at a D III softball game that ended 27-0 in the 2nd inning. It was like watching Mike Tyson fight a blind baby in a wheelchair.

Tonight was worse.

• Upvote 1