What if we win against Portland State

EagleGreen

I heard a coach up at the U say "If we win against Portland State, every one of our haters can stick it!"

I'm sure in was in jest, but Really?  If we win against a DII team then we can tell people off...with just one win? 

What say you?  Are we headed in the right direction if we beat Portland State?  Better yet, can you stomach RV and DMac say, "We are not there yet but with the resolve our players showed this week we are headed in the right direction"?  

I say there is only one way out of here and that is up...we are ranked near the bottom of the barrel!  Let's clean house and start over.  Good grief!

• Upvote 4

I heard a coach up at the U say "If we win against Portland State, every one of our haters can stick it!"

I'm sure in was in jest, but Really?  If we win against a DII team then we can tell people off...with just one win? 

What say you?  Are we headed in the right direction if we beat Portland State?  Better yet, can you stomach RV and DMac say, "We are not there yet but with the resolve our players showed this week we are headed in the right direction"?  

I say there is only one way out of here and that is up...we are ranked near the bottom of the barrel!  Let's clean house and start over.  Good grief!

This isnt the get back on track cream puff that Nicholls was.

This is "we are going to have to do everything we can to win this game" Portland St.

If they think they are about to walk on that field and win by showing up, well they will have their asses handed to them like 24-3.

• Upvote 1

The only thing that will happen if we win against Portland St. is the continuation of accepting mediocre coaching, mediocre qb play, mediocre defensive play, and a less than mediocre athletic director. I would never hope for a loss, but if we win this, there is no hope of any change, and definitely no hope for a better season next year. I feel like only a loss at homecoming by an fcs school will force the president's hand, and potentially lead to a regime change.

• Upvote 6

Hopefully a win will give the players a spark and increase their confidence.

As far as coaches go, Canales is really the only one coaching for a job, so to him I say

tumblr_m6tf0xokvL1qcwic6.gif

Do yourself a favor and shut out Mac and call your game, if you are, in reality, restricted.

• Upvote 4

The problem for him is that the gloating will last a grand total of 5 whole days before he is slammed back into reality.

• Upvote 1

What I hear is Dickey revisited: "Us against the world" and haters = MFers.

The seeds were planted last fall and now they are sprouting.

• Upvote 1

so if the team beats Portland St, response is "Big F'n Deal" you should beat them you are a FBS team they are FCS. Here is a lollipop now get ready for WKU, no reason to celebrate beating up on a lesser team

At this point I would not really qualify Portland State as a "lesser team" but I get your point.

• Upvote 2

I say, if true and spoken seriously, and I have no reason to doubt either, that we have some very childish and amateurish thinking going on by supposed adults and professionals. 

• Upvote 1

If we do what we SHOULD do. What we should be expected to do, if we take care of business against a team that we should be above? I say congratulations, you did what you're supposed to do, now let's move on 

And I want to know what coach said that us "haters" can stick it, because he can kiss my ass.

• Upvote 2

And I want to know what coach said that us "haters" can stick it, because he can kiss my ass.

idk which is more worse.... The fact that a coach is telling his own fan base (the people that basically pay his salary) to stick it.

Or... The fact that they are using a no name FCS opponent win as a great achievement and then to spin it off as a way to justify that they in fact do deserve to still be working here after this season.

I really hope these coaches bull corn isn't infecting our players mentality towards us as haters. This staff is suppose to be these young guys mentors.

• Upvote 1

I'd enjoy a win vs Portland,mostly because I really don't want to go 0-12. And who knows, with a bit of confidence maybe we can find a second or third win out there this season.

For the players I really want that, and its about all I dare hope for right now, beaten down as the fan base and the team is.

If a win does the program all that much good on the other hand... for the program to really move forward I fear that it probably has to go 1-11 or 0-12 in order for the real changes to take place. Its just, that I cant get myself to root against the players, their time window as players is so short.

• Upvote 2

If NT beats Portland St. it only means the torture for Mean Green fans continues. The Iowa Lunch Bunch of the McCarney's & McNulty's will continue to be the only happy people within Denton County. Villareal leans back in his chair with a stained wife beater, puffs on a stogie, and counts his stacks of $100 bills laying on his desk.......

• Upvote 2

If you win, coach, congrats!   You just did what we call in the real world "showing up for work on time".

Now it's time to show us something.  Like a win against a FBS team.  Beating an FCS team is expected - not a cause for wild celebration.  If you are expecting the crowd to rush the field and tear down the goal post for a win this Saturday, don't hold your breath.

• Upvote 1