Why this year is so important for UNT Football

Harry

This is his sixth year(only one more than #5). He was here for all but one year of DT and he was at the very least an average CUSA level QB. The Broncos didn't invite him over as a favor to Mac, that's for sure. I like that he is wearing the Darrell Dickey memorial patch.

tempEB2_7156--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

When was the last time we've had a quarterback before DT get even an invite by a pro team?

Can you imagine our current starter doing this?

As we get more separation from DT's time here, more and more fans will realize just how great he was for this program and how handcuffed he was by the play calling of his OC/head coach.

• Upvote 1

Another thing to consider is that this is the fifth year in the five year commitment that people made for Club level seats or Suites.   I think most folks anticipated more in the way of wins and in the way of quality opponents in these past five years.   It will be interesting to see how many choose to renew that commitment and how many say "no, thank you" for next year.

• Upvote 1

This is his sixth year(only one more than #5). He was here for all but one year of DT and he was at the very least an average CUSA level QB. The Broncos didn't invite him over as a favor to Mac, that's for sure. I like that he is wearing the Darrell Dickey memorial patch.

tempEB2_7156--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

When was the last time we've had a quarterback before DT get even an invite by a pro team?

Can you imagine our current starter doing this?

Years corrected. thanks.

But DT an average CUSA QB - I disagree and Im confident his career stats would prove that out. 

And as for 3-day rookie mini-camp being some banner of achievement pointing to either Chico being good at his job or DT being great QB - It's not. NFL teams  bring in one or two dozen players "off the street" simply to fill out roster positions so the rookies they've drafted, the FA rookies and the guys from the season prior not on roster long enough to be vested have someone to play against in camp. 

• Upvote 2

As we get more separation from DT's time here, more and more fans will realize just how great he was for this program and how handcuffed he was by the play calling of his OC/head coach.

Sorry, but overall he was nothing more than an average QB. His stats will back that up. Don't let Mac's inability to recruit a competent QB inflate how good DT really was.

I dont like coming across as a DT hater because he made some great plays his senior year, but he benefited from amazing defense and special teams play.

• Upvote 5

Huff, 

the stadium donation was a one time gift payable over five years.  Once it is paid off, as long as you want to remain at the same level (silver/white/green) you just owe the MGC donation and the price of tickets themselves every year.  If you want to move to a higher level, you pay the difference between the donation required to get to that level, and what you have already given in donation.

• Upvote 1

But DT an average CUSA QB - I disagree and Im confident his career stats would prove that out. 

And as for 3-day rookie mini-camp being some banner of achievement pointing to either Chico being good at his job or DT being great QB - It's not. NFL teams  bring in one or two dozen players "off the street" simply to fill out roster positions so the rookies they've drafted, the FA rookies and the guys from the season prior not on roster long enough to be vested have someone to play against in camp. 

Sorry, but overall he was nothing more than an average QB. His stats will back that up. Don't let Mac's inability to recruit a competent QB inflate how good DT really was.

I dont like coming across as a DT hater because he made some great plays his senior year, but he benefited from amazing defense and special teams play.

Looks better than average to me.

• Upvote 1

Oh no, what is this?  Even Harry has thrown in the towel....a 6 win season is now the standard we aspire to?   

Speaking of opportunities....when have we ever capitalized on an opportunity sitting right in front of us?   Yes, yes, yes, we can point to a few games here and there and the occasional season where we caught fire.  For all those "here's our chance to make a statement" or "we can finally turn the corner with a good showing" opportunities, however, we always seem to miss our chance to silence the critics and win new fans.