MGB breaking news -- UNT athletics gets $1.25 mil. donation

Brett Vito

I'm guessing they're probably counting season ticket holders, or possibly ANYONE who purchased a ticket to any athletics event in the past year.

6500?  No idea where that number comes from.  In 2014 we 1075 MGC members and and 4285 football season ticket holders.  Maybe the remainder is the number of season ticket holders in M & W basketball?

Disingenuous since so many are getting double counted.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6500?  No idea where that number comes from.  In 2014 we 1075 MGC members and and 4285 football season ticket holders.  Maybe the remainder is the number of season ticket holders in M & W basketball?

Disingenuous since so many are getting double counted.  

Well, do you think they may also be counting folks who just buy single-game tickets?  That would probably bump it up a little more too... "booster"?  I guess.... disingenuous, absolutely.

Well, do you think they may also be counting folks who just buy single-game tickets?  That would probably bump it up a little more too... "booster"?  I guess.... disingenuous, absolutely.

I don't think they have anyway to track individual sales.  If they did count those the number would be much higher, as one single fb game would bump the number north of 20K

ETA: Technically, you could add every single student since they have to pay the athletics fee.  37k backers right there.  

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What kind of sandwiches have you seen Lynn Hickey eat - or does she subscribe to the way outside the box line of thinking that the university doesn't even need sandwiches?

Very well done, an RV & kfc reference in 1 post. That type of wit is what makes gmg enjoyable. To answer the post, i have not seen any promotions this season but they do buy a block of seats each year.

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 3

Very well done, an RV & kfc reference in 1 post. That type of wit is what makes gmg enjoyable. To answer the post, i have not seen any promotions this season but they do buy a block of seats each year.

We've been molded that way. What other fanbase has gotten kicked in the nuts longer than North Texas fans? 

Edited by Got5onIt