UNT 2015 Depth Chart Released

Mean_Green09

This group of skill position guys excluding WR is the deepest and best since Macs arrival.

I hear you but last night on the radio show, Marcus Smith said that true freshman WR DeAundre Bradley impressed him the most and the guy isn't even listed in the 2-deep.  Nor is O'Keerion.   If Ivery isn't playing at RB I would like to see them move him to receiver.  It will be interesting to see how well they play.  You know SMU will double team Carlos.

I hear you but last night on the radio show, Marcus Smith said that true freshman WR DeAundre Bradley impressed him the most and the guy isn't even listed in the 2-deep.  Nor is O'Keerion.   If Ivery isn't playing at RB I would like to see them move him to receiver.  It will be interesting to see how well they play.  You know SMU will double team Carlos.

I really dont believe they will double Carlos. I feel like they believe they dont have to. I believe they are going to play a lot of man. Our WRs will have to win battles.

No Willie Ivery - anywhere. 

Anyone know who our return guys are going to be?

Darvin Kidsy is listed as PR/KR. James Gray is his back-up on KR

• Upvote 1

I don't think they'll double Carlos.  If they do, that should leave a seam for Smith.

I thought you were not too high on Garner coming out of H.S. Billy...  or maybe I'm not thinking of the right poster.

If you weren't, have you heard much about him that changes your mind now?  Or is he just as surprising to you as he is to the rest of us?

That was Cooley. I really liked Garner's ability on third down in coverage and as a rusher (10 sacks as a senior) but it was concerning that he didn't take on/shed a whole lot of blocks in his highlights, which you want to see out of an LB's film. Glad to see he's putting it together so soon.

• Upvote 1

That was Cooley. I really liked Garner's ability on third down in coverage and as a rusher (10 sacks as a senior) but it was concerning that he didn't take on/shed a whole lot of blocks in his highlights, which you want to see out of an LB's film. Glad to see he's putting it together so soon.

Ah, Cooley, yes.  I knew it was a guy whose recruiting opinions I valued...  although Cooley's forte is b-ball.

Garner must be impressing Cosh since that's his defense, and his coaching position.  I don't think he would just trot a RSF out there if he wasn't ready.

A lot of guys from last year are missing. That's either a really good thing or a really bad thing. We'll find out Saturday.

I'm going to go with good thing. At least from the LB core. Akunne made the group's numbers respectable, and their work in pass coverage was awful. It negatively affected DB play.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to go with good thing. At least from the LB core. Akunne made the group's numbers respectable, and their work in pass coverage was awful. It negatively affected DB play.

agree. Their work in run defense wasn't much better.

Hopefully we see some semblance of 2013 from this group.

Couple of additional thoughts.

Nice to see Malik Dilonga get the starting nod, but somewhat surprising he edged out Tillman Johnson.  At 6-4, 265 I like his size.  There are a lot of d-linemen not on this list who will play.  Same with receiver and linebacker.

The tight end tandem of Smith and Loving may be the best combo we have had talent wise since I can remember.

I'm shocked not to see Sid Moore's name on there. 

This "Feels" like a deep team...other than o-line but even there you have some numbers. 

I haven't hear a lot about Sid this fall. He is still on the roster, correct?

A lot of guys from last year are missing. That's either a really good thing or a really bad thing. We'll find out Saturday.

After watching last year. It has to be a good thing. That team was terrible last year.

I'm still annoyed I spent time and money to go to El Paso to watch UNT completely lay down. Losing is one thing but to just give up and have the audacity to joke and laugh on the sideline while you're getting thumped by freaking UTEP of all teams. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

They can't be worse or have less heart than last season. 

• Upvote 7