Any chance to Pack Apogee?

ABrownGMG

We'll sell out the stsdium in year 2 of our new AD. When that will be, who knows. 

Now with the size of the student body, alum base, Denton etc. We should be having close to sellouts every game. People underrate the value of a dedicated fan base that is willing to show up, particularly a fan base that travels well too. There are a million bodies in Denton county, almost 40k students walking the campus daily, almost half a million alum within an hour of Denton and we stillllll can't sellout a 30.8k stadium. This, IMO, falls squarely on the AD. 

I agree 100%, we also need a winning product as well. We are blessed with having three Texas CUSA West opponents that we rotate them playing in Apogee every season. UTSA and Rice are just a straight shot up the Interstate. Heck, I think our first in conference sell out game is going to be UTEP, if it's not a championship game.. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing such a well traveled fan base when they came to Apogee. I do think our alum base needs to step up more. The students have been getting better at coming out to fill up the stands.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think that they have ramped it up a bit as far as trying to get buts in the seats with all the promotions they have. I was contacted by the ticket office and asked if I would like to donate some money for seat give aways in which I obliged. When I received the email in terms of donation packages, they were a little rich for my blood but they are trying.

They are doing a Military Appreciation Day (Info Below)

The University of North Texas is proud of our brave men and women who serve our nations military. North Texas has a program for your company to show its appreciation for our troops by having tickets donated in your name.
Program Includes:
•20 tickets donated to military personnel
•A letter to troops and their families stating your company as the donor of the tickets
•4 tickets to your company to attend
4 Military Appreciation Night T-shirts
•Company listed on video board with PA read
Investment: $350.00

Breast Cancer Awareness Day

10 North Endzone(Wing) tickets
10 Pink North Texas T-shirts
10 Field passes to participate in Pink Human Ribbon
Investment: $200.00

What email did that come to? Is it only businesses? That is very cool... I would love to see that email go out to all of UNT

• Upvote 1

When I re-purchased my allotment of season tickets this year, I was asked to donate some amount of money (I gave $50) to purchase tickets for I beleive military personnel for a game this season.  Anyone else asked to donate to this cause?  I understood there would be one home game this year where those tickets will be given out and these individuals recognized at the game. 

• Upvote 1

I've got a friends mother who has breast cancer and I bet she would LOVE going to a pink out type game.  Do you remember who you talked with? I am interested in getting that 10 pack of tickets. That would be fun.

• Upvote 1

What email did that come to? Is it only businesses? That is very cool... I would love to see that email go out to all of UNT

I just get two season tickets every year and I hadnt repurchased mine yet and Coleman Feeley was following up with me on that and he also mentioned this stuff and I told him to send it over.

His Email is Coleman.Feeley@unt.edu

I definitely missed the news about the early Rice game. If we didn't have the Texas teams this year, it'd be hands down the worst schedule I can remember.

let me pull out a couple of Sun Belt and Big West schedules and you may decide to step down your opinion a tad bit.  I remember being excited about just getting Rice one year.  Now we play them and SMU every year.

Thank you to Withers..I have emailed into Coleman waiting for a response.  If I don't hear from him or I can't buy them, any season ticket holders out there that I could get to purchase this pack or maybe 2 for me and I can pay back? I am good for it ask @untcampbell lol

• Upvote 2

let me pull out a couple of Sun Belt and Big West schedules and you may decide to step down your opinion a tad bit.  I remember being excited about just getting Rice one year.  Now we play them and SMU every year.

This year we have back to back blistering heat day games in September and 5 home games. One of those is on a Thursday. Homecoming is against an FCS school I've never heard of. Playing SMU and having UTEP, UTSA, and Rice at home make it better, but it's a really bad schedule.

• Upvote 1

This year we have back to back blistering heat day games in September and 5 home games. One of those is on a Thursday. Homecoming is against an FCS school I've never heard of. Playing SMU and having UTEP, UTSA, and Rice at home make it better, but it's a really bad schedule.

Agree that I don't love the schedule this year either for the points you mention.  My biggest issue is the bye week being early and having Tennessee so late.

Just so I understand, you don't know when that will be, who it will be, but are convinced that all it takes is anyone new and magically we sell out?

tumblr_ng50s5Crkh1u24o9ho1_500.gif

No.

It will take the RIGHT AD. This AD has had 14 years to prove he was that guy.

He isn't.

For proof, look no further than failing to sell out the first home game in a beautiful new stadium against a known opponent.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2