Open workout tomorrow AM

GMG24

http://m.meangreensports.com/m/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071715aad.html

wow wow wow. Read that!! Did not realize they held it the entire time for segment 1, I'm not sure why guys got called/pulled out of run, but man, those 20 guys I knew I missed some that ran an 800, did a segment of push-ups and abs, then ran another 800 with the water in their mouth the whole time.. WOW!  

Also, I realize it looks like I just took a shot at Calvin, I think he deserved it, even his strength coach said they were counting on him to plug the middle and he can't do that from back of the pack. I however, was unable to watch him during the competitions he was on opposite side and I lost track of him, mainly followed offense, and specifically TE, WR, RB, and Jordan Murray. 

As to reference what kind of push ups they're doing. The boys had just finished segment 3 or 4 not sure haven't seen video. Either way, I bet no one would want to drag his weight and do wheel barrow lose, then try and do a decent looking push up. Most of the big fellas push ups went to hell in a hand basket after their first event. :) :) I'm only a solid 190 and I'm not sure I want any part of that workout. Lol although I may try it just to see how rough it is. 

These guys want success bad, I got that from the moment I walked into the workout. Be negative about whatever you want, but you can't question these men's work they put in for months and months to play a game for 3-4 months. 

• Upvote 5

I just watched the segments on Periscope. My respect for the players just went through the roof. My old football coach used to say: "Pain is strength!", if that saying is true, our Mean Green just got a lot stronger today.

• Upvote 1

Let me say this, and if any of you have gone through Army or Marine Basic Training, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Any of those players who finished a 100 yard "low crawl", my hats off to those guys!!!  That's a really hard, gut wrenching crawl that's so tough to do, non-stop!  Try it sometime.  Especially UPHILL!!!!  And if you do it going under barbed wire with live rounds going over your head, even better!!!

• Upvote 1

Let me say this, and if any of you have gone through Army or Marine Basic Training, you'll know what I'm talking about.  Any of those players who finished a 100 yard "low crawl", my hats off to those guys!!!  That's a really hard, gut wrenching crawl that's so tough to do, non-stop!  Try it sometime.  Especially UPHILL!!!!  And if you do it going under barbed wire with live rounds going over your head, even better!!!

just about all did or would have minus 1 or 2 DL, and a handful of OL. 

I also forgot to mention, the freshman got pulled out of workout at about 10:50 ish.. Some coaches (wink wink) came out hollering for all freshman to get inside and get to class. Assuming they gave em shower time and time to get to class..... Boy Dillman and Johnson (tillmans brother) looked very impressive. 

Edited by GMG24

After watching the workout live or the tapes of it......anyone think the players feel this is a "throw away" season like UNT90 does?  

i know you're smart enough to understand this (but just can't resist the chance to take the pot shot at UNT90) but there is a WORLD of difference between what he said and what you're implying on his behalf.  I can still condemn the arsonists who set a house on fire while commending the firemen who have to try to deal with it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

i know you're smart enough to understand this (but just can't resist the chance to take the pot shot at UNT90) but there is a WORLD of difference between what he said and what you're implying on his behalf.  I can still condemn the arsonists who set a house on fire while commending the firemen who have to try to deal with it.

Nope...and hey, maybe he can head to TCU for their Sept. 12th home opener against that football powerhouse Stephen F. Austin.  And I am still waiting for him to tell the players.  The players, coaches and staffers do not believe this is a throw away season as indicated by that workout if nothing else.  No athlete, coach or staffer ever gives up before a season even starts and good ones (we won't mention what SMU did last season as a program) never do even when the season goes badly.  Only the so-called fans at UNT would label a season a "throw away" season even before the pads come on in the summer.

You can be UNT90's apologist if you wish...you can stand by your man or be the Hillary to Bill in his "depends on the definition of what "is" is thing if you wish...but he said it and he owns it.  

No one in that Athletic Department from the top to the bottom believes this is a throw away season...only some "cough cough" fans who see everything at UNT through their dark and dreary half-empty glasses of swill.

The Mean Green "throw away" season is anything but that as witnessed by how hard those players are working to meet the challenge.  Me, I am plenty proud to be a member of the Mean Green Nation when I see stuff like this going on.  Anyone wishing to characterize it as a "throw away" probably does not need a personal apologist speaking for them.  The "everything is bad at UNT all the time" folks rarely need unsolicited support.  Their minds are made up....it's all bad all the time.  Easy.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

"only some "cough cough" fans who see everything at UNT through their dark and dreary half-empty glasses of swill."

Those would be the *cough cough* precious few of us who still care enough to have an opinion on this program, right?  Because SURELY your holier than thou routine isn't reserved for those that actually choose to show up to the five home games this year.  I just know you aren't chastising someone who ponied up his money to watch this product simply because being a sycophant doesn't suit his tastes...all the while ignoring that thousands upon thousands upon thousands of our alumni can't be bothered to get excited by Incarnate Word and Portland State.

By all means, feel free to hand out as many self-satsified high fives as you want this season with your get-along-gang of like minded individuals...they shouldn't be hard to spot amongst the empty seats.   

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Based on the workout gear this summer, it seems the camo pattern will be prominent in what the team wears under their uniforms.

Hopefully, as they pull on that base layer, the camo will spark the memory of the teamwork and determination of this practice and challenge them to "hunt, kill, and eat" on the field.  

I'd love to see "Hunt, Kill, Eat" be the replacement for "Hit 6" 

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 1

"only some "cough cough" fans who see everything at UNT through their dark and dreary half-empty glasses of swill."

Those would be the *cough cough* precious few of us who still care enough to have an opinion on this program, right?  Because SURELY your holier than thou routine isn't reserved for those that actually choose to show up to the five home games this year.  I just know you aren't chastising someone who ponied up his money to watch this product simply because being a sycophant doesn't suit his tastes...all the while ignoring that thousands upon thousands upon thousands of our alumni can't be bothered to get excited by Incarnate Word and Portland State.

By all means, feel free to hand out as many self-satsified high fives as you want this season with your get-along-gang of like minded individuals...they shouldn't be hard to spot amongst the empty seats.   

OK...thanks Lt. My "get-along-gang of like minded individuals" are never hard to spot because we are there supporting the Mean Green and not just mouthing off.  That same group supports this program with their time, talent and treasure.  So, sure, I am plenty good with those folks.  None of us would ever consider that anyone was "throwing away" this season.  You are fee to be there with your group as well....you won't be hard to spot either.

• Upvote 3

@KRAM1

People just get tired of the trust instilled by some after the pattern has presented itself. I think we should all see the big picture here and that big picture is that we are sucking something rough in both of our major sports here at North Texas. Your group, his group, whoevers group can all see it. Emmitt and of course 90 are quick to point out the deficiencies with the pattern, while folks like yourself are typically OK as long as we have a team and eligible players are on them. 

• Upvote 2