MGB: UNT lands big man

This description from ESPN:

Strengths:

Fuller is a wide-body who plays with a nasty streak on the interior. He has good feet, soft hands, and he plays through contact. He is a rim-level player who can dunk if given space and he has a nice touch as well out to 10-feet.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/184185/khalil-fuller

Can't tel much from that kind of tape, seems like hell need to get in Bball shape to get up and down the court if that's whaBenford is going to have us do with the new shot clock.  He should have no problem boding up other bugs in conference.  Footwork seems a bit slow, again can't tell from practice video or how long he's been going. I welcome any big bodies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not too bad. Was hoping for more height, but he is a freshman and can still grow potentially. On another note Benford now has a class with four freshman. The last class that had that many freshman had Norris, Robinson, Jones, and Williams. I like the younger feel. Hoping these players can continue to develope. I still would not mind having Willy come in and replace Eaglin. Maybe Eaglin would agree to walk on for his senior year...: who knows. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Not too bad. Was hoping for more height, but he is a freshman and can still grow potentially. On another note Benford now has a class with four freshman. The last class that had that many freshman had Norris, Robinson, Jones, and Williams. I like the younger feel. Hoping these players can continue to develope. I still would not mind having Willy come in and replace Eaglin. Maybe Eaglin would agree to walk on for his senior year...: who knows. 

​I'm sure he'd love to.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

So does this mean Kouassi is going elsewhere?

We can always make room. I would love to have Kouassi on our team. If he does not come it means we have a very very young front court. It also means Benford and company will have to develope a lot of young talent. 

• Downvote 1

Interesting comment:

Fuller, who played at Elev8 Basketball Academy (Fla.) last season, has played alongside Oregon State point guard commit Derrick Bruce this summer and could be a perfect compliment to athletic, but rail-thin center Drew Eubanks (6-foot-10, 210 pounds).

While not a highly-ranked recruit, some believe the wide-bodied post player is underrated and will be especially valuable if paired with a rim protector.

Interesting comment:

Fuller, who played at Elev8 Basketball Academy (Fla.) last season, has played alongside Oregon State point guard commit Derrick Bruce this summer and could be a perfect compliment to athletic, but rail-thin center Drew Eubanks (6-foot-10, 210 pounds).

While not a highly-ranked recruit, some believe the wide-bodied post player is underrated and will be especially valuable if paired with a rim protector.

Essentially he and Brice (or combs though there is a lack of height) should compliment each other. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Essentially he and Brice (or combs though there is a lack of height) should compliment each other. 

​I was thinking more Combs (I don't put any expectations on Brice in his frosh year).  But yeah, you get the idea.