Phone Call From Coach Mac

KRAM1

Just got a call from Coach Mac (OK it was a recorded call) asking for us to come to the Spring Game Saturday and to renew our season tickets.

I would have told Coach Mac that we had already renewed, but he just went on talking in that Coach Mac style. This was a nice type of promo announcing the spring game and asking for support for the spring game. Pretty nice to see North Texas making these kind of moves to reach out to season ticket holders...yes, even if it was a recorded call. I, for one, appreciated it and was happy to see the athletic department promoting the game among the Mean Green Nation.

There are, and have been for some time, ads in the Denton Record Chronicle as well.

Sure, pretty local stuff, but I'm glad to see it. I'll certainly attend the spring game...hope to see lots of others there as well this Saturday...kick-off 2PM...game and parking free.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I got this too. Interesting that they are offering for fans who renew their season tickets early to be on the field prior to the spring game based on what I heard.

I love seeing this type of proactive stuff. Kudos to the AD on this.

Mark, I was looking for you at the scrimmage so we could chat.

Sorry to miss you. Had "family business" to attend to Saturday in Ft. Worth. Would have enjoyed chatting with you.

• Downvote 1

It was good to get the call, even though recorded. I predict that even Mac's voice would not have held up for all the required calls.

I have been in the dumps since I lost Eaglette on December 6. She was my constant companion for the last eight years and a big Mean Green fan. She was a veteran of two "Football 101" classes and is with me on our bricks at the Alumni Center.

Coach Mac's call is just what I needed to get my butt out of the house and to Apogee on Saturday.

• Upvote 6