Slim Chickens coming to Denton?

Harry

Yeah, Canes relies on their sauce and that's it. Without it, it's pretty much run-of-the-mill fried stuff you could probably find in the grocery store freezer.

For those that didn't know their sauce is basically mayonnaise and worcestershire. And I agree it is damn good.

Guess I am #3 that doesn't like In and Out. Went to the one in Las Vegas and it was basically like any other fast food burger....waaay below Whataburger. Funny enough, Whataburger also has the best chicken strips.

I agree Whataburger is good but man drive through takes too long!

Never heard of this restaurant before. Still have yet to try a Zaxby's. I'll get on board with the chicken E>cane's hype. I also hate how full of themselves they are with that sauce. IIRC they charge quite a bit if you want extra. CFA sauce > Cane's sauce.

• Upvote 2

The burger was ok but it didn't live up to the hype - it was just ok. The way people lost their minds when it arrived in Dallas I expected something more along the lines of: "Damn, they just redefined burgers."

I do like their model of fair wages and fresh ingredients though.

Also, let me add that if I were tasked to pick between IN-n-Out for a burger or Raising Canes for chicken strips, In-n-Out would get my nod. While not worthy of the over the top hype at least their burger actually has flavor. Can't say that for Canes chicken.

As an aside - While not a fast food chain - if you've never had a Maple & Motor burger in Dallas you owe it to yourself to have one.

#TeamOffsiteKitchen

I am sorry but you are the only person I know who doesn't like In-n-Out burger. The one by my house has a line for miles....

Well then, let me add me,my wife and our son to that list. My son went to one out in California (where it gets all it's hype) and he was unimpressed.He said it was OK, but not deserving of the hype. Same (IMHO) for the Texas locations.

It's kind of like Joe T's here in Fort Worth.......mostly hype.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Canes is good, but definitely way overhyped. As stated earlier in this thread, Chicken Express has really good tenders. Make your own Cane sauce and bam, there ya go!

The CE tenders are far better. If for no other reason than if you eat them on their own, they're still good. Cane's on the other hand...

But a good sauce and a good tender, well that's just more fun than the law will allow.

How many more chicken places can we cram into the metroplex? Drive down Preston through Frisco & you'll see Popeye's, Chik Fil A, KFC, Church's, Chicken Express, PDQ, Pollo Tropical, Raisin' Canes, and Zippy's. Not to mention the other fast food places that serve chicken in one form or another (McNuggets, etc.).

Well then, let me add me,my wife and our son to that list. My son went to one out in California (where it gets all it's hype) and he was unimpressed.He said it was OK, but not deserving of the hype. Same (IMHO) for the Texas locations.

It's kind of like Joe T's here in Fort Worth.......mostly hype.

People on this site are tough customers!

A partner at work gave me this list of places to go in Dallas. Of the list, I've tried Campisi's, Norma's, and Sonny Bryans. Most of it is probably way to uppity muckity muck for my wallet, but is there anything on here I simply must try?

15 Kuby's Sausage House is really good... but do yourself a favor and just head to Muenster and eat at The Center instead.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

The Center Restaurant in Muenster has been closed for almost 2 years now. Rohmer's is still open though, it's good but they don't have quite the German selection that the Center did.

I cant believe it's been almost 2 years since I've played Turtle Hills... The Center closing breaks my heart.