'15 DE Joseph Ozougwu (Houston-Alief Taylor)

BillySee58

Grayshirting per Vito. I really like this pickup. His highlights say first year, so this may have been his first year playing football. His brother made it to the NFL, so this kid has the genes to legitimately put on weight naturally.

With all these May-grad JUCOs I wonder if we'll be open to letting him enroll in the fall if some don't make if in. Or they may be dead set on giving him the extra year, because of his weight.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Get this young man up to 240 to 250 lbs. while retaining that speed and quickness and watch out! He will make us forget about Miller.

This guy has got some speed! Not sure how feasible it is to add 40-50 lbs on his frame, tho.

For all you "Let's convert this guy to DE" folks, let's convert this guy to WR.

• Upvote 1

This guy has got some speed! Not sure how feasible it is to add 40-50 lbs on his frame, tho.

For all you "Let's convert this guy to DE" folks, let's convert this guy to WR.

His brother got up to 255, and he's not quite as tall as Joseph. It's possible, especially after a grayshirt, then a redshirt. He's coming in here to rush the passer.

• 10 months later...

Enrolling next semester, I'm guessing

From meangreensports.com

Ozougwe finished his senior season with 78 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and eight sacks. He was an all-district 23-5A player and a team captain. He enrolled at North Texas in the fall and will join in the football team in the spring.

• Upvote 1

From meangreensports.com

Ozougwe finished his senior season with 78 tackles, 12 tackles for loss and eight sacks. He was an all-district 23-5A player and a team captain. He enrolled at North Texas in the fall and will join in the football team in the spring.

There ya go. I guess you are allowed to enroll at the school you're grayshirting at, as long as you take less than 12 hours and don't practice with the team.

Edited by BillySee58

There ya go. I guess you are allowed to enroll at the school you're grayshirting at, as long as you take less than 12 hours and don't practice with the team.

Granted, this info is straight from meangreensports.com and the same article that misspelled two of the players names so I would take it with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 3