Possible replacements for Georgio Poll

Harry

Here's another possibility -- you could move Hank to play by play and bring in a beloved former player/coach for color. I have heard other schools that do this, Baylor for instance...SMU did it for awhile. And I have no idea if he would be interested but would love to see former coach Chuck Mills considered. It's not his profession but man this guy is entertaining and would bring a great historical perspective. Former player and coach at UNT. He's also a fan, I see him at all of the games and functions.

Interesting idea, but with all the alumni we have doing play by play work i personally would prefer one of them. I voted for Dave Barnett, but I doubt it would work. I hadn't thought of Brian Briscoe in ages!

• Upvote 1

@espn_macmahon: Congrats to George Dunham on a great run as the voice of the Mean Green. North Texas alum @tedemrich would be a tremendous replacement.

@tedemrich: . @espn_macmahon whoever steps into that booth has giant shoes to fill. Would be an honor to be considered.

Edited by Dr. Seuss

Just a great reflection of the University's RTF program that we have the options we have.

Bass, Phillips or Emrich

...but I love Followill (probably too busy) and Barnett, and Bartolatta does a great job.

How about Byrd for the supporting role!

GMG

People keep throwing Sean bass out there. Is he a play by play guy or just a proud alum that happens to be on the radio?

• Upvote 1

Just a great reflection of the University's RTF program that we have the options we have.

Bass, Phillips or Emrich

...but I love Followill (probably too busy) and Barnett, and Bartolatta does a great job.

How about Byrd for the supporting role!

GMG

Gonna have to turn the bass down if he gets on my radio.

Plus, he'll be a little busy coaching during the games.

People keep throwing Sean bass out there. Is he a play by play guy or just a proud alum that happens to be on the radio?

I'm wondering this too. He's leading the voting here by quite a margin. I myself voted for Barnett. Haven't heard him call a b-ball game before, but I've heard him call a UNT FB game, and it was fantastic.

Brent Baker, radio personality in Weatherford Texas on QXFM and host of the 14 year running High School Friday night football show The Endzone. He posts here as WeatherfordMeanGreen, is a huge Mean Green fan, attended all 5 bowls since '01 and one of the best radio voices around.

Rick

Brent is a terrific guy. Played football with him from 6th grade through high school. There's no one from high school I have more respect for as a person.

• 1 month later...