Possible replacements for Georgio Poll

Harry

You left off maybe one of the most likely replacements, Ted Emrich. Works at ESPN radio and the UT Longhorn Radio network. Currently does the play-by-play for the Coppell Cowboys. UNT alum.

http://westwoodonesports.com/ted-emrich/

Dr. Seuss took the words out of my mouth, while I was typing my post.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 1

Good catch on Emrich. Dad's been in the radio business for awhile too. Quality guy, who I wouldn't be surprised if he went national in 5-10 years

Thanks, UNTcrazy just told me that Timmy Mac tweeted about Emrich replacing George.

Not because I said here first, but I really think he has a very good chance at it.

I voted for rich Phillips, but I think they should move hank to play by play and get an ex player to do the color. I don't know if cobbs was a rtvf guy (probably not), but someone like that wouldn't be bad. I'd like a little more playing experience on the broadcast, to beak plays down. I remember Coleman feeley being personable on that "inside the lines" or whatever the videos were called when he interviewed players a couple of years ago. He would be a little wet behind the ears though.

Edited by Green Crazy

I voted for rich Phillips, but I think they should move hank to play by play and get an ex player to do the color. I don't know if cobbs was a rtvf guy (probably not), but someone like that wouldn't be bad. I'd like a little more playing experience on the broadcast, to beak plays down. I remember Coleman feeley being personable on that "inside the lines" or whatever the videos were called when he interviewed players a couple of years ago. He would be a little wet behind the ears though.

Jub calls b-ball games as well. As much as I like Pat, I'd hate for him to be the color man on a b-ball broadcast.

Coleman actually goes on the radio for a couple mins a game. I've heard him on a couple times, really good at color commentating and breaking down the plays.

Here's another possibility -- you could move Hank to play by play and bring in a beloved former player/coach for color. I have heard other schools that do this, Baylor for instance...SMU did it for awhile. And I have no idea if he would be interested but would love to see former coach Chuck Mills considered. It's not his profession but man this guy is entertaining and would bring a great historical perspective. Former player and coach at UNT. He's also a fan, I see him at all of the games and functions.

That's a great idea. Chuck Mills is entertaining just reading the phone book. He would be a good addition to the broadcast. I don't know how his basketball color would be. Chuck coached here during the Corky era (linebackers and special teams) and also was the head guy at Lewisville for a while (state championship ?).

Good idea.

GO MEAN GREEN