Does this trouble anyone else?

Cr1028

I find it incredibly frustrating that we have lost twice to and never beaten a team that had not even played one college football game yet when our head coach arrived. Our program is over a century old and their program is not even half a decade yet. Ridiculous.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

I find it incredibly frustrating that we have lost twice to and never beaten a team that had not even played one college football game yet when our head coach arrived. Our program is over a century old and their program is not even half a decade yet. Ridiculous.

Well, although he is a flawed individual (but aren't we all), they appear to have made a good hire at head coach.

We've never beaten South Florida either. A school that, like UTSA, started with nothing, and is now in a better regarded conference than us.

Well, we've played more and struggled more against another couple of recent Florida football startups who are in the same conference with us. When we were struggling against them, they did have one consistent advantage over us; better coaching.

And, when the neighbors call the police to turn you in for making so much noise, and the officer asks you why you're making so much noise, you're gonna say, "We finally beat UTSA !" And instead of carting you off to jail, they will take yo to a mental health facility.

Please forgive the world's longest run-on sentence.

Wait 'til next year

GO MEAN GREEN

Well, although he is a flawed individual (but aren't we all), they appear to have made a good hire at head coach.

If he and his AD were at each other's throats over several things, contract pay etc,... and a disgruntled player lied about him supposedly choking him in the lockerroom despite countless others saying he didnt,...and the AD and university president saw a way to use that incident to railroad him out into the street so that the university didnt have to pay the millions owed on his contract,...and North Texas had an opening,...would we hire him?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty frustrated, but expected it to happen, our team this season drained a lot out of me hoping I could see change. But now that the season is over, the record shows that this team was bad. I can't quite comprehend why Mac has to be a stubborn guy with QB situation. And besides UT Austin, I thought this was the most important win for this team this season. But it didn't happen, and I'm still frustrated that we got beat by a team twice in a row, that has had a football team that is 90 something years younger then UNT's. Something needs to be done to bring this team from this curse, but right now it looks unpromising.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't bother me that much. What really bugs me are the losses to the CUSA underbelly of USM & UTSA. Well, I guess technically we ARE the underbelly of CUSA. The team appeared to have quit on Mac and he is shoehorning his guy in at QB. Now that is frustrating....

• Upvote 1

Imagining mcnlty with all this power over mac makes me laugh. He has to be playing am because there is no one better on the roster he trusts. Doubt it is "his guy." Problem solved by going out and getting someone who wants to come in and get this job. I do believe it is wide open even with am's experience gained this year. Someone like mac does not want to be mediocre or as you rightfully alluded to part of the CUSA underbelly.

GMG

Interesting that SE compares USF and UTSA...both programs that grew from nowhere that are based in large metro areas. They capture a great deal of corporate support and city pride....injects a lot of money into the program.

Announcer: UT

Fans: SA

Lots of city pride in that cheer.

BTW, I have heard similar embarrassment expressed by Boise fans for having a 3-3 record against North Texas. Apparently they play very few teams against whom they have a losing or tying record.

GMG

• Upvote 2