Worst Part About This Season

shaft

The refusal to take this time to develop Dajon in what is clearly a rebuilding year. There is no reason McNulty should be seeing any snaps. RIDICULOUS

How this staff cannot see that they are starting a high school QB at this level is beyond unbelievable. This game/season is certainly not all his fault, but when you have an undermanned and rebuilding defense you've got to take the stops out on the offensive side of the ball. The handling of this QB situation has been nuts since the get go. Oh well, nothing I'm not accustomed to around here.

• Upvote 3

No, it's not, but when you have a QB that can play, and would be a possible immediate starter, and you tell them not to bother coming, that you DON'T want them? That is a problem.

Since I'm out of plus ones... THIS! QB is the most important position on the field. We might as well not even have a QB of we are going to play McNulty. The whole team has played bad and I'm not saying Dajon is the next Peyton manning but give the kid a chance!

No, it's not, but when you have a QB that can play, and would be a possible immediate starter, and you tell them not to bother coming, that you DON'T want them? That is a problem.

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge who watched this game knows the QB play is not the biggest of our worries.

When your defense is getting ass-jacked by the likes of a team we steamrolled last year behind another second year coach then QB play is down the list. It's a worry, but not to the point that it's worthy of 100 pages of complaints over other aspects of this program. But this is football retard central so I know how it's gonna go all next week.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge who watched this game knows the QB play is not the biggest of our worries.

When your defense is getting ass-jacked by the likes of a team we steamrolled last year behind another second year coach then QB play is down the list. It's a worry, but not to the point that it's worthy of 100 pages of complaints over other aspects of this program. But this is football retard central so I know how it's gonna go all next week.

Rick

Its not just the QB, I agree. It's an incompetent coaching staff with a washed up HC calling the shots. That is the root of most of the problems.
  • Upvote 1

I take a holistic approach.

It starts with the coaching staff, but central to most of the issues UNT faces is the type of offense they run and the QB who starts. Most defenses will give up at least 2-3 TD drives a game; it's the nature of football. Our defense could be better, and I'm sure most of the players will agree.

But Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result - and that's exactly what we get with McNulty. Who here honestly expects him to lead UNT to a first down, let alone a touchdown? Forget about Ws. He just doesn't have it in him.

We could have the conference-best defense out there but we probably would have a similar record to what we have now because we. cant. move. the. football. And that's on Canales and the QB - McNulty. Jimmerson and Wilson along with Pegram are decent RBs. Harris, Terrell, Kidsy, Smyle, and Caldwell are a solid receiving corps with a playmaker - Harris. Our offensive line hasn't played up to preseason expectations, but they're still a pretty solid group. Our TE group are decent blockers and can make catches if they need to. The major weak link - as far as players go - is at QB. Telegraphed passes, jittery feet, stare-downs, poor pocket presence, and weak arm strength torpedoes the offense and yet despite having a player on the squad who doesn't have as many issues we still persist on not playing him.

UAB was a tough outing. Dajon could and should have done better, but he was never given the opportunity to prove himself and show that UAB was an aberration and not a trend.

If Mac wants the students energized and invested in the team he ought to play him. Better Dajon than anyone else. I don't want to watch McNulty. He's just not good enough and we have a large enough sample - larger than Dajon's - to know that UNT are only moving backward with him at QB.