Texas Top 40 No. 2, Denton - Texas Highways

Harry

Forty minutes north of the rapidly growing cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, the college town of Denton (population 121,000, more or less) enjoys a relaxed vibe that some admirers liken to “Austin in the old days.”

read more: http://www.texashighways.com/travel/item/7605-texas-top-40-no-2-denton

This post has been promoted to an article

I think it's funny that so many here have some sort of fetish with Frisco. CNN lists Frisco in its top places to live in the US and Forbes lists it as one of its top places to move in the US. What's your point? Why is Frisco being juxtaposed with Denton? Polar opposites. (And I know this conversation is being rehashed because the idiotic anti UNT city council conversation)

I've lived in both cities and both are nice. I've also lived in sh$tholes and y'all sound like morons bashing the two cities. Both sides of this stupid comparison.

I agree with the folks saying Denton really needs to clean up the I35 area. The city needs to invest in itself.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Well to be fair from I35 you can't tell either.

I guess we could try to fix that, but too many people cherish sac n save.

True story:

When my mom and I drove up from Houston for my freshman orientation, we saw the tip of the Courthouse on the Square from I-35E and headed towards it thinking it was the Hurley tower.

We then got even more frustrated learning that University Dr is nowhere near UNT.

• Upvote 1