Giving RV Credit where credit is due - Non revenue Sports

Harry

All of your asses need to give RV credit where credit is due when you go to a football game and your ass isn't sitting at Fouts Field.

All of you whose asses don't like RV should be forced to sit over at Fouts Field during home games and listen to Jub and Hank on the FM feed. With no concessions or snacks either! And, paying full price to park!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

All of your asses need to give RV credit where credit is due when you go to a football game and your ass isn't sitting at Fouts Field.

All of you whose asses don't like RV should be forced to sit over at Fouts Field during home games and listen to Jub and Hank on the FM feed. With no concessions or snacks either! And, paying full price to park!

So you are advocating that less people should attend the games...interesting position.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If any of this thinking is true, then RV MUST be GONE. All of his passes for the stadium have been used up. How he has pulled the wool over the BOR eyes for so long has me wondering if the BOR is qualified to be in charge of the University.

Well, the BOR did kinda miss that whole accounting scandal, ya know...

• Upvote 3

When your AD has to have zero public position on an athletics fee because that first go round he royally screwed the pooch, what does that say?

Enjoy those 5 home games next year (well, maybe 5, only 4 are currently scheduled) with 2 money game butt kickings. Cause that is what you get with RV running the show and he made it crystal clear that scheduling won't change anytime soon.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Hayden was a great example of you should keep the job of football coach and athletic director split. Great coach, but poor AD. If it wasn't part of the football program, then it was ignored. Many of his AD decisions obviously hurt other sports like basketball. Can you imagine how Hayden would have reacted to Title IX spending requirements as an AD!

Culture is one of many things including budgets and university politics that a successful athletic director must control. No one can always control it all, which is why ADs aren't very popular with fans at the vast majority of schools. It's always a balancing act and thus an AD will always offend some people with every decision.

Obviously Hayden wasn't the only head football coach that didn't do a great job of balancing all the sports, that's why you never see it happen anymore. At that time it was very common.

The point I'm making about Hayden is that he went about trying to change the "big" issues at North Texas...winning at Football and changing our image/culture. On those issues he made big strides, and was very successful. Remember that in addition to those issues, he also started our money raising organization... the Mean Green club. Which BTW, under our current athletic administration is a misnomer.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

. the Mean Green club. Which BTW, under our current athletic administration is a misnomer.

Yep, all that work that jess, taryn and volunteer reps do to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars is a "misnomer". I usually agree with you silver, but this is just more clownery from the clown factory. Thanks for the laugh....

#itsallajoke

• Upvote 6

Harry,

He was hired over 13 years ago! It isn't like he was hired 4 years ago and has experienced some great turnaround. Non-revenue sports have been generally awful under his tenure.

Yes! Before we give him credit for a little success, let's look at the whole picture. It's bad. With the recent success in non-profit sports, remember the quote: Even the sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes...

Oh good God in heaven above and secular servants on earth below. We need officers and meetings now? Do we have to follow Roberts Rules of Order? Are there secret handshakes? A club house with a hand painted sign that says, "No Ponies Allowed?"

I thought I was done with all that formal crap when I graduated from fraternity. I had a lifetime's worth of order and meetings in that damn thing.

I guess that one went right over your head. I was making reference to it being called a club....which it is not. Clubs have meetings, give reports, and elect officers. None of that happens. BTW, can you tell me the names of the President and all the officers of the Mean Green club? Or are you too busy laughing at a non-joke.

I would be happy if we could get a simple count of MGC members and season ticket holders. Sure, they might be embarrassingly low, but at least we could then continue to track them.

I guess if they were released, and were embarrassingly low, and then 14 or 15 years later they were... still embarrassingly low, people would be afraid of being held accountable.

• Upvote 1

I would be happy if we could get a simple count of MGC members and season ticket holders. Sure, they might be embarrassingly low, but at least we could then continue to track them.

I guess if they were released, and were embarrassingly low, and then 14 or 15 years later they were... still embarrassingly low, people would be afraid of being held accountable.

I do find it interesting that in this age of the high speed information superhighway (Now, with 47% more SQL queries!) that I continue to receive phone solicitations for young alumni season tickets, regular season tickets, and mean green club contributions. Shirley the white curb is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, but this data management really seems to want to have an abortion. It's the sensible thing to do.

• Upvote 1

I do find it interesting that in this age of the high speed information superhighway (Now, with 47% more SQL queries!) that I continue to receive phone solicitations for young alumni season tickets, regular season tickets, and mean green club contributions. Shirley the white curb is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only, but this data management really seems to want to have an abortion. It's the sensible thing to do.

at least you receive calls.

• Downvote 1

So you are advocating that less people should attend the games...interesting position.

No. I'm advocating that the few people who still bitch about RV take their tickets over the bridge to Fouts and sit there so they can remember how good we had it before RV was here.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Downvote 3

No. I'm advocating that the few people who still bitch about RV take their tickets over the bridge to Fouts and sit there so they can remember how good we had it before RV was here.

Might not be a bad idea... Unless you're keen on seeing the Mean Green get stomped by FAU in Apogee for Homecoming!!!

Maybe they'll honor our soccer or swim teams on the field at some point and we can all HIGHFIVE RV's accomplishments!!

• Upvote 1

Might not be a bad idea... Unless you're keen on seeing the Mean Green get stomped by FAU in Apogee for Homecoming!!!

Maybe they'll honor our soccer or swim teams on the field at some point and we can all HIGHFIVE RV's accomplishments!!

Isn't is funny that when something, anything good happens it was all RV, but if anything bad happens it isn't wasn't his doing?
  • Upvote 3