UNT gear at the new Denton Academy

Army of Dad

They have a pretty nice selection of UNT gear at this Academy, more options than I've seen at any other local retail store.

That's what I've heard. Gotta go check it out. Actually talked to the managers, they really want to support NT. Unlike Sports Authority.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

When you go in the Denton Academy, ask every clerk you see where the North Texas gear is. We need as many sales people as possible to hear the words "North Texas." They'll tell their buyers and so on and so on...

Oh yeah....And if they have to re-order North Texas stuff, that makes an impression as well.

Beat Rice

GO MEANG REEN

• Upvote 5

I work at the Flower Mound location and my manager said they're using Denton as a test to see if others should start carrying as well. We had very limited stock so I'd love to see the other academys start carrying mean green gear.

One other thing I noticed was a sign with the logos for UT, A&M, and UNT. That's it, no other logos.

Pretty sweet.

One of my favorite thing to do is to go into a big box store with all the UT and OU stuff around and ask a clerk where the North Texas section is. It's like putting an Aggie in a round room and telling them to sit in the corner.

Beat Rice

GO MEAN GREEN

Problem is they'll say it's right over there on the "winning season" shelf.

Edited by meaniegreenie

• 9 months later...

I was just in the Denton Academy last night. They have some nice UNT gear on clearance and some nice new stuff to take its place.

A couple of notable items are a very large shade tent in school colors and (I think) 'Mean Green' on the tent. I seem to recall some folks wanting that kind of pop up. The tent is big (maybe 10x10, but I didn't measure) and is $129. Also, they have a pretty good sized stock of North Texas bag chairs.

I have always just gone to the rally house in flower mound, But the one Academy is way closer for me. I'll check it out.

(Side Note) I hope someday I could see UNT gear at stores a little further outside the Denton radius. My folks live in Sherman, TX and all they have at the Academy and sports stores up there are UT and OU crap. I have to buy my dad UNT shirts down in Denton and bring them to him when I go visit them.

Edited by GreenTexan13

I was at the Rally House in Fairview this afternoon.   Not much selection at all for UNT.  The store manager mentioned that she was just hassling their merchandiser today about how sad it was that they had such a small selection for a school only 35 minutes away.  

I was in the Fairview location about this time last year, was told the same thing by the manager. Evidently their merchandiser isn't paying attention.

Dick's Sporting Goods at the Alliance Town Center north of Ft. Worth has a couple of racks of NT merchandise.