Dajon Williams talks confidence and a guess as to a starter

Harry

I caught up with Dajon Williams for a couple of moments on the way to the airport for Conference USA media day this week.

There have been some questions as to the UNT quarterbacks mindset after being benched in during the Mean Greens loss to UAB last week.

Be sure to check out tomorrows story about UNT halfway into its season that is now posted.

- See more at: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/10/dajon-williams-talks-confidence-and-a-guess-as-to-a-starter.html/#sthash.8DGRf1Qm.dpuf

Oh man, McCarney ran out of fingers & toes to plug up the leaking damn and a leak is hitting him straight on the nose....

I'm not a fan of this move, if Brett is right. Mac detests turnovers so he turns to his worst passing QB & worst passer rated QB? You can't expect McNulty to hand the ball off every 1st & 2nd down and have an effective offense. This defense is not last year's defense, they need help from the O. Good grief....

:(

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2

who will lead us to A Better Tomorrow?

If you see a Coach Robert Diggs in this group, let me know:

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ntex-m-footbl-coaches.html

I'm more concerned about what we're in for the rest of the season. If we keep cycling through QBs... Still a rusty screwdriver, a 12 story building, and a needle-and-thread buffet in store for us.

Changing QB's again will seem like panic. I don't think that will do much for this teams confidence.

This. But this entire season has been sheer desperation at the QB position. There's no reason for any QB to have any confidence because every single one of them is in a situation where they're playing scared, knowing the next mistake is going to get them pulled. In some instances, that's been justified (Greer @ Texas stands out).

This is a mess. And the defining problem of the 2014 season.

• Upvote 2

"McNulty played well late in UNT’s loss to UAB after Williams struggled and turned the ball over four times."

I'll never know why people get excited about a backup quarterback playing well in the fourth quarter of a blowout. You don't start a game against an opponents' twos and threes. So, it doesn't matter that you can move it on them when you behind by five or six scores.

Stupid.

• Upvote 5