This has to be one of the most disappointing UNT losses I can recall

Harry

...And I have seen a few of them. The turnovers were a killer but again we cannot stop anyone and just can't adjust. You hoped we were past these type of butt whippings but clearly we are not. `I am not giving up but my enthusiasm about this season has really diminished. The rest of this season needs to be finding out about who can make plays. We need to regroup as a program. Something needs to change -- whatever we are doing isn't working. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!! gmg

Sorry, but we have bigger Benfords to fry.

This is Texas. Benford could coach here the next 20 years and I could care less if we are winning football games. Football programs out universities on the map, not basketball. Parity is too strong in basketball to create university recognition. Put our money into this football program and raise us up. Start by making coaches changes immediately.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

This is Texas. Benford could coach here the next 20 years and I could care less if we are winning football games. Football programs out universities on the map, not basketball. Parity is too strong in basketball to create university recognition. Put our money into this football program and raise us up. Start by making coaches changes immediately.

I get where you are coming from, but the power structure in football and the greater access to post season success in basketball makes that a view that is about 30-40 years too old fashioned...

• Upvote 3

Put in my prediction of 52-31 UAB and people called me crazy. My hopes for this season were dashed last week; this week was just double confirmation. This is not a good football team, and I think after today, a lot more people realize that.

Last week concerned me, this week was the confirmation.

Worst I've felt about the program in a while. There are 117 schools that play at this level, and we're pretty consistently toward the bottom. I'm tired of excuses. It's the commuter school. It's the alumni. It's the geographic location. It's the history of the program. It's where we recruit.

This University has to go out and say we want a Top 25 program. I've never heard them say anything close. If the University doesn't have that as a goal then what the hell are we playing this sport for????? I'll throw basketball in there as well.

We do not have the mentality at the leadership level and it trickles down to every student, alumni, local Denton resident, local business, etc.

They have a mindset of being competitive in our conference. That's it. CUSA is better than Sun Belt but we've still set our eyes on mediocrity.

I'm ranting and I don't care.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dodges game at Rice...the one they hung 70+ on us...worse

I See your point, but keep in mind that was a 9 or 10 win Rice team that was in a different (read: better) conference than we were when that game was played.

This was a conference foe with a 3-2 record entering the game that included a conference loss to FIU.

I'm think this was worse.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I See your point, but keep in mind that was a 9 or 10 win Rice team that was in a different (read: better) conference than we were when that game was played.

This was a conference foe with a 3-2 record entering the game that included a conference loss to FIU.

I'm think this was worse.

I don't normally, if ever, agree with you, but I'll give you that. You have changed my thinking on this. You're right, this one does suck the most.

I'm sooooooooooo glad I bought tickets to the bowl game last year. During the N.O. Bowl run, I always thought I could go the next year...

Last season I made sure to go due to the fact next year never came for me last time...

sadly...I'm now afraid of how long it will be till I can go again

• Upvote 1

Losing to a program that people feel is on the verge of disbanding is something that shouldn't be happening now. In sick and tired of taking one step forward only to go a mile in the opposite direction.

Uh yeah, I kept wondering that while looking at a crowd that must have consisted largely of parents of players and band members. Really got tired of looking at some statue that depicted...a trailblazer, I guess.

Basketball has put plenty of schools on the map. Probably just as many, if not more, than football.

• Upvote 2