Dear Brett Veto

UNT90

I think it's a little early to say Dajon is not a legitimate D1 QB.....

But wow. He looks bad today.

It is clear that right now he is far from a FBS QB. How we are where we are at the most important position on the field 4 years into Mac's tenure is pretty freaking unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with UNT90. We don't have a D1 QB on our roster unless Means is legit. However, he's a redshirt so it doesn't matter yet. The staff has failed very badly in this area of recruiting. The defense isn't as good as last year put they are being put in very bad situations.

Edited by UNTexas

I have to agree with UNT90. We don't have a D1 QB on our roster unless Means is legit. However, he's a redshirt so it doesn't matter yet. The staff has failed very badly in this area of recruiting. The defense isn't as good as last year put they are being put in very bad situations.

Uh....the defense "QUESTION" should be of ore concern than the QB "QUESTION" in my opinion since that is Mac's specialty. How is it in 4 years can't we bring in D Linemen who can draw a double team?

Seems to me that a staff who can work unimaginable miracles with that other guy's SLOW, SMALL and WEAK players to the tune of a 9-4 record can surely haul in their own, right?

Rick

• Upvote 1

The D being put in bad situations was my rationale of late, but the last 2 games convinced me otherwise. Obviously a good offense creates a better defense bc the opposing O gets taken out of it's gameplan and are forced out of their comfort zone. But v Indiana and UAB our D got worked. Offensive players we have played have set career marks in some fashion while playing our D. It's bad and it ALLLLLL starts with piss poor recruiting.

The D being put in bad situations was my rationale of late, but the last 2 games convinced me otherwise. Obviously a good offense creates a better defense bc the opposing O gets taken out of it's gameplan and are forced out of their comfort zone. But v Indiana and UAB our D got worked. Offensive players we have played have set career marks in some fashion while playing our D. It's bad and it ALLLLLL starts with piss poor recruiting.

Obviously you don't watch a lot of defense. We had the most anemic O imaginable during the Buick years but it didnt matter when the opposing O couldn't cross mid field they couldn't score. There were two games in particular in which I remembered to count. Combined, those two teams crossed midfield 3 times.

Dodge never learned this concept, thus the outcome of the Navy game. Mac understands this but somehow didnt address it two and three years ago and we are now paying the price for it.

Without a solid defense there's rarely a championship of any kind much less a win.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I find your information useful and informative. How may I subscribe to your newsletter?

• Upvote 3

Obviously you don't watch a lot of defense. We had the most anemic O imaginable during the Buick years but it didnt matter when the opposing O couldn't cross mid field they couldn't score. There were two games in particular in which I remembered to count. Combined, those two teams crossed midfield 3 times.

Dodge never learned this concept, thus the outcome of the Navy game. Mac understands this but somehow didnt address it two and three years ago and we are now paying the price for it.

Without a solid defense there's rarely a championship of any kind much less a win.

Rick

I am referring to when an offense can get ahead it takes the opposing offense out if their game plan and makes them do things they are not comfortable with. I am not talking championships or past defenses, I am just talking in general. A good offense can hide a lot of it's deficiencies on it's defense.