Tennessee Fans Checkerboard Their Stadium

rcade

I'm afraid that this isn't something that is gonna change here anytime soon. We have literally changed the shade of green, the mascot, the name of the mascot, and the design on the helmet so often in the last 40 years, to get everyone on the same page is not something that UNT is capable of doing. Add in the fact that a lot of people in Denton just like the "quirkiness" of being different, seeing ten shades of green, with two different mascot names, and 6 different logos will never go away. I wish it would, but I've fully come to believe that i won't ever change.

You probably don't realize that you just pointed out what one of the problems is. Not that we changed the colors, names, logos, etc. X amount of times, but that you know it. You are a fan that keeps up and has made the effort to learn about the school. How many people that come in the gates put that much effort into knowing those things?

Down at the UT game in Austin I saw about 1 grey or white UT shirt for every 3 or 4 orange ones. Yes everyone was wearing UT logo crap, but it ran the gamut as far as colors. Same thing last time I was at LSU. Big mix or purple and yellow.

I don't care how many shades of green are in the stands as long as they're wearing it. We just need to get the jackwagons in UT gear and that A-hole in the Yankees jersey to change.

• Upvote 2