The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

KRAM1

Well, as I have had some time to ponder the outcome of Saturday's game, I find some "good", some "bad" and some "ugly". Here you have it from a still optimistic Mean Green Fan:

The GOOD:

Great Weather

Excellent Crowd - 23,319 (with plenty of student turnout)

40 points scored by the offense

Lance Dunbar - 238 yards, 3 td's

Nathan Tune's effort...nice passes...plenty of zip...seeemd much more confident

O-Line

Tailgate Atmosphere

Free Beer and Food

College of Business Alumni Tent

PACS Alumni Tent

UNT Alumni Assoc. Tailgate...good food, lots of "stuff"...great location.

UNT Co-Eds

Two Tight End sets

Deep Throws...on target

Defense in the 3rd Qtr

Tank Army T-Shirt sales (thanks to some GMG.Com members, etc.)

Great Comeback in the 3rd/4th Qtr.

Roy Orbisson's wife/widow in attendance

Great fun with the Mean Green Fans in my seat area...always makes the game-no matter the outcome fun!

The BAD:

PAT Snaps

Stupid Mistakes-penalties

Riley's injury (leading when he left the game)

Run Defense - what's with a fullback running wild up the middle? (Hello Mendoza)

Lots of mud in the "official" tailgate areas

The referees...how do you miss some of those calls????? Just asking'

Coach DeLoach still up in the press box - he needs to be on the field...too much passion sitting too far from his defense

The UGLY:

44 points allowed

Pass Defense...did we re-hire Mendoza for this game?

Kickoffs....just kick the darn thing in-bounds...how hard can it be??????

1-5

Captain kangaroo beats the Mean Green again...ugh!

Late 4th Qtr - AGAIN!

14th straight SBC loss

8th straight home loss

Troy up next!

But, did I mention the co-eds, the great weather, the comeback, free beer and food, Lance Dunbar, etc., etc.

Yes, I will admit to being absolutely MAD at half-time, but the 3rd and start of the 4th really brought the life back in me and I was geared up again for the win...alas, it was not to be. But, crazy thing about football...there is always the rest of the season. This team IS better...it simply needs to learn how to win. That will come before this season is over.

GO MEAN GREEN.

Keep the faith.

I thought Dunbar and Tune looked great.

I also want to apologize for a comment I made:

Did I ever tell you about the time Nathan Tune and I went horseback riding, but there weren't any horses around? Anyway, Nathan throws a saddle on my back and rides me around Wyoming for three days. Well, wouldn't ya know it, my stamina increased with each day, and I develop tremendous leg muscles. So anyway, Nathan decides to enter me into the Breeders Cup under the name Turkish Delight. And Im running in second place, and I'm running, and I break my ankle. So anyway, they're about to shoot me. Then someone from the crowd yells out, God bless him, "Dont shoot him, hes a human!"
It was a Bill Brasky quote (old Saturday Night Live; think Chuck Norris facts). I don't know Tune personally, and certainly never meant to bring him under question. Even though I intended nothing , some people didn't get the context and thought it was offensive. I am sorry for that.

The stories of Brasky's life and seemingly legendary accomplishments are exaggerated to absurd levels in the American tradition of tall tales, similar to the "Chuck Norris Facts" Internet phenomenon, employed nearly a decade later (in fact, Bill Brasky quotes are regularly recycled as Chuck Norris facts). If their stories are to be believed, Brasky is ten feet tall, weighs two tons, possesses a variety of superhuman capabilities, is capable of lactation, and has cheated death on numerous occasions.

I am one of several on this board who share humor that sometimes teeters on the line, and there are some that we do not amuse (at all). I hope you all know that I would never take a personal shot on the players.

Edited by greenminer

The GOOD:

Great Weather

Excellent Crowd - 23,319 (with plenty of student turnout)

40 points scored by the offense

Lance Dunbar - 238 yards, 3 td's

Nathan Tune's effort...nice passes...plenty of zip...seeemd much more confident

O-Line

Tailgate Atmosphere

Free Beer and Food

College of Business Alumni Tent

PACS Alumni Tent

UNT Alumni Assoc. Tailgate...good food, lots of "stuff"...great location.

UNT Co-Eds

Two Tight End sets

Deep Throws...on target

Defense in the 3rd Qtr

Tank Army T-Shirt sales (thanks to some GMG.Com members, etc.)

Great Comeback in the 3rd/4th Qtr.

Roy Orbisson's wife/widow in attendance

Great fun with the Mean Green Fans in my seat area...always makes the game-no matter the outcome fun!

Interesting order in which you choose to present these items.