Wow, Just Wow

emmitt01

Some of our fans are putting that loss at the feet of our qb, and rightfully so considering he led to 10 pts for the opponent on a 4 pt game, and some are still making excuses for him. "He played badly but without him we would have never come back to be in the game!". Huh? So we're now handing out kudos for digging the team out of the hole you yourself dug? And I think giving rodge credit for the points we scored is a slap in the face of the player who actually DID keep us in that game. Does 187 yards and 4 touchdowns ring any bells? Honestly I think many are too in love with what rodge COULD be and not what he IS.

Honestly I think many are too in love with what rodge COULD be and not what he IS.

Maybe your right. Maybe we should bench him and never learn what he could be.

Maybe what he is, is a redshirt freshman QB taking over the worst team in college football last year and starting his 5th game next week.

Just sayin...

I think this loss has to be put on Teflon Todd. Riley is a young QB, he'll make a few mistakes. The teams poor preparedness is all on the coaching staff.

As a side note, June has the Ponies playing well after 2 seasons. We're still saying "next year's our year". Utter BS, IMO. I dont give a $hit what we pay TD, it's still a helluva lot of money. Too much money to warrant the ridiculous record we've seen. There's a mile long line of coaches willing to kick down the AD's door to head coach a FBS school in Texas.

Teflon Todd strikes again!!!!!!!

Edited by Got5onIt

I think this loss has to be put on Teflon Todd. Riley is a young QB, he'll make a few mistakes. The teams poor preparedness is all on the coaching staff.

As a side note, June has the Ponies playing well after 2 seasons. We're still saying "next year's our year". Utter BS, IMO. I dont give a $hit what we pay TD, it's still a helluva lot of money. Too much money to warrant the ridiculous record we've seen. There's a mile long line of coaches willing to kick down the AD's door to head coach a FBS school in Texas.

Teflon Todd strikes again!!!!!!!

Our team looked very prepared. We moved the ball on ULL like it was nothing and on defense we shut them down. Turnovers killed us! Thats the bottom line.

I don't think its a secret that June Jones is a better coach than Todd Dodge. Thats a stupid comparison. TD has made massive improvements to this team to get us to where we are now. We still have 7 very winnable games left. Do not count this team out just yet.

Our team looked very prepared. We moved the ball on ULL like it was nothing and on defense we shut them down. Turnovers killed us! Thats the bottom line.

This is and has been our problem for the past few years. These turnovers are killing us, and that's VERY difficult to coach out. It's up to the players to take responsibility for the football.

It's laughable how many "glass half empty" fans UNT has. You hated a Coach that won 23 consecutive SBC games. You jumped for joy at Coach Dodge coming to UNT. You were gitty when Rily de-committed from UT and came to UNT. Now, you want to throw in the towel in his Red-Shirt season. It is truly laughable how you want to compare UNT to other programs that have budgets tens of times bigger and facilities tens of times better and Alumni tens of times richer. Stick to a play gang! Your track record is not the best....either!

It's laughable how many "glass half empty" fans UNT has. You hated a Coach that won 23 consecutive SBC games. You jumped for joy at Coach Dodge coming to UNT. You were gitty when Rily de-committed from UT and came to UNT. Now, you want to throw in the towel in his Red-Shirt season. It is truly laughable how you want to compare UNT to other programs that have budgets tens of times bigger and facilities tens of times better and Alumni tens of times richer. Stick to a play gang! Your track record is not the best....either!

26 games. But otherwise, carry on, sir.

Thank you, well said.

What is laughable is that the prospect of laying this loss at the feet of the player who was most directly responsible is met with enough straw men (bench him forever, etc) to keep the crows away from this board indefinitely. That, though, is the heart of the matter. This wunderkid is so directly tied to the fate of the todge experiment...and our hopes that this ship can be righted...that to critique him is tantamount to tugging away our security blankets.

I've got to give you some respect for knowing what can be accomplished by "sticking to it", Rick. Knowing you were once head of parks and rec here in Euless, I wonder how long it took to have the kind of parks and rec facilities we have here now. And I know there were some reversals and false starts along the way. I can look out my kitchen window and see one of those in Wilshire Park.

I don't think its a secret that June Jones is a better coach than Todd Dodge. Thats a stupid comparison. TD has made massive improvements to this team to get us to where we are now. We still have 7 very winnable games left. Do not count this team out just yet.

Massive improvements?? Recruiting is better, so where are the wins??? In his 3rd year this team is full of his guys, where is the improvement?? Last time I checked, a loss is still a loss no matter if it's by 1 or 30. Stupid comparison, why? June's a head coach of a FBS divison team like Dodge, why can Dodge NOT be compared to his peers??? I tell you what's stupid, you guys giving this guy a pass. Nothing is his fault. Why??? This team is 1-4??? Why????? Don't blame teh coach??? Why???

Bull. We're not a FCS school here, where are our standards???

Edited by illuvius32

Some of our fans are putting that loss at the feet of our qb, and rightfully so considering he led to 10 pts for the opponent on a 4 pt game, and some are still making excuses for him. "He played badly but without him we would have never come back to be in the game!". Huh? So we're now handing out kudos for digging the team out of the hole you yourself dug? And I think giving rodge credit for the points we scored is a slap in the face of the player who actually DID keep us in that game. Does 187 yards and 4 touchdowns ring any bells? Honestly I think many are too in love with what rodge COULD be and not what he IS.

Emmitt, I know Riley is no where near the QB that Woody Wilson was, but I'm just not convinced we have a better alternative right now. As the old adage goes, the backup QB is always the most popular player on a team.

Massive improvements?? Recruiting is better, so where are the wins??? In his 3rd year this team is full of his guys, where is the improvement?? Last time I checked, a loss is still a loss no matter if it's by 1 or 30. Stupid comparison, why? June's a head coach of a FBS divison team like Dodge, why can Dodge NOT be compared to his peers??? I tell you what's stupid, you guys giving this guy a pass. Nothing is his fault. Why??? This team is 1-4??? Why????? Don't blame teh coach??? Why???

Bull freakin' $hit. We're not a FCS school here, where are our standards???

June Jones has coached in the NFL for several years, was an NFL head coach, and has experience bringing a divison I program out of the cellar. Todd Dodge is 3 years removed from coaching high school. Theres a difference, and even with that huge difference I think we are just as good as SMU or at worst not far behind them.

If you think losing by 1 isn't better (in the grand scheme of things) than being blown out by 40 at half time (like during every game last year) then I don't know what to say to you.

Nobody is giving TD a pass, this is the most competitive team we've had here in a while and everyone can see that except for you and a few other folk on this message board.

June Jones has coached in the NFL for several years, was an NFL head coach, and has experience bringing a divison I program out of the cellar. Todd Dodge is 3 years removed from coaching high school. Theres a difference, and even with that huge difference I think we are just as good as SMU or at worst not far behind them.

If you think losing by 1 isn't better (in the grand scheme of things) than being blown out by 40 at half time (like during every game last year) then I don't know what to say to you.

Nobody is giving TD a pass, this is the most competitive team we've had here in a while and everyone can see that except for you and a few other folk on this message board.

Yes, let's be competetive with other SBC schools. Next year is our year because we're the only team that will improve in conference.

Bull. We're not a FCS school here, where are our standards???

Pal, we aren't far from being a FCS school--our support has never been even good for a school this size, our administration made sure that music, arts, education, and business were going to be the best window to the university--not football or any other athletic venture. Look at what we pay, look at who does the hiring, and look at our FBS history since 1995. I posted on a thread last week about this, but it still blows me away. We have beaten more than 4 FBS teams in one season on 4 occasions (2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004). We beat exactly two non-conference FBS teams in that span during those seasons. Your question on standards is sad--becasue you know where they are, why they are that way, and that based on our history, it probably isn't changing. Blame Todd Dodge for losing a Sun Belt game on the road with his freshman QB, but recognize that if Riley Dodge learns from all of this--much like Mitch Maher did from his freshman year to his sophomore year--the future could be brighter. Its not a pass on TDodge, it is recognizing what he has THIS season and what could potentially be there. If that is too hard, though, UNT probably ain't the place for your fandom--because its gonna frustrate you more and more if history keeps getting followed here at our alma mater.

Pal, we aren't far from being a FCS school--our support has never been even good for a school this size, our administration made sure that music, arts, education, and business were going to be the best window to the university--not football or any other athletic venture. Look at what we pay, look at who does the hiring, and look at our FBS history since 1995. I posted on a thread last week about this, but it still blows me away. We have beaten more than 4 FBS teams in one season on 4 occasions (2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004). We beat exactly two non-conference FBS teams in that span during those seasons. Your question on standards is sad--becasue you know where they are, why they are that way, and that based on our history, it probably isn't changing. Blame Todd Dodge for losing a Sun Belt game on the road with his freshman QB, but recognize that if Riley Dodge learns from all of this--much like Mitch Maher did from his freshman year to his sophomore year--the future could be brighter. Its not a pass on TDodge, it is recognizing what he has THIS season and what could potentially be there. If that is too hard, though, UNT probably ain't the place for your fandom--because its gonna frustrate you more and more if history keeps getting followed here at our alma mater.

you might be right, sir.