The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly!

OGdog078

The Good:

1. The tailgating parking lot was PACKED!! I hope when they build the new stadium, they take into consideration how important tailgating is to UNT fans.

2. The DEFENSE! It has been a LONG time since I have seen a MEAN GREEN DEFENSE LIKE THIS! Our D-Line is getting a great PUSH and playing BEHIND the line of scrimmage! OUR DEFENSE IS KEEPING US IN THESE GAMES!!!

3. The PUNTER! Atterberry is punting like a MAD MAN! I think he killed it 3 times inside the 10 yard line! Winning the field position battle!

4. CAM MONTGOMERY! The MAN, the BEAST, the LEGEND!! His hard running will lighten the load for the offense.

5. Good student turnout, considering the rain!

The Bad:

1. Play calling. Not taking good risks, not sticking with the run game inside the 10 yard line, and lack of EXPLOSION!

2. WR's dropping too many balls! I think we dropped 2 TD's and 3 First Downs.

3. Injury to Riley. I hope it is nothing

The Ugly:

1. The crowd shouting profanity!! Classless

2. F_U_M_B_L_E. I hope it was just weather related!

3. The Weather! 12+ hours of soaking rain!

4. Fireworks after a loss like that??? WTF???

This one hurts. I cant even remember the last home win! The crowd was hungry for a win, and primed to rush the field and pull down the goal post!

GOOD: One word, DEFENSE, we now have one. Also, who actually thought that Atteberry would step right in and do as well as he has. No drop off at all in the punting.

BAD: Play calling. Up 10-3 in a monsoon of a game, you kick the field goal on 4th and 1 at the 1. Period. It puts you up 2 scores.

With 10 minutes left in the 4th, your defense playing out of their mind, your 2nd string QB being forced into action, and you face a 3rd and 4 at the opponents 45, so you naturally give

it to Cam on a draw, right? NO, you throw it to the other team for a TD. The ABSOLUTE worst call of the game, and there were many from which to choose.

WAY to much Dunbar and not enough Cam in the 4th quarter.

Still don't know if Rodge can throw the long ball.

O-line took a step back.

4th and 15 touchdown. Inexcusable.

UGLY: Weather. Parking Nazis. My shriveled up feet after my tennies got soaked.

Edited by UNT90

I will never understand why you run a shotgun formation on 2nd and goal from the 3 yardline and hand it off for a running play up the middle, nor will I ever understand doing virtually the same thing on the very next play out if that formation. Both plays gives the RB the handoff 5 yards from the goaline.

Hey, this team is tons better and more confident than last year. Until we get completely turned around, there will be kick to the balls games like this one. I did like seeing out players show class right after the 2 point conversion was scored and the Ohio players were celebrating and taunting in front of our sideline. Oh, speaking of taunting, WTF is up with that unsportsmanlike call on the first down catch with our reciever merely flexing his arms while walking away. PATHETIC!!!!

BAD:

With 10 minutes left in the 4th, your defense playing out of their mind, your 2nd string QB being forced into action, and you face a 3rd and 4 at the opponents 45, so you naturally give

it to Cam on a draw, right? NO, you throw it to the other team for a TD.

I don't think this was a bad play call. I think it was bad play execution.

With the DEF playing like they were , u run the ball and kill time IMO.

I agree....not to mention that our punter was absolutely on fire pinning Ohio deep. You play field position and let the D kill the game.

Either way, a very entertaining game....we just ultimately made more mistakes than they did. Have to say that we were worried last week about leaving points on the field and we did it again today....last week we lucked out. Tonight, we were not so lucky.

It's crazy to see our D this year as compared to last year. They are fun to watch, again.....and definitely the strength of the team 2 games into this season.

I didn't listen to much of the game, but it sounds like even though the team is starting to play with much more fire and passion (which will win us a few more games this year alone), we still need to work on the "killer" instinct of executing in key situations and in situations where we can put the game away.

Still doesn't dampen my excitement for the rest of the season. GMG!!!

I didn't listen to much of the game, but it sounds like even though the team is starting to play with much more fire and passion (which will win us a few more games this year alone), we still need to work on the "killer" instinct of executing in key situations and in situations where we can put the game away.

Still doesn't dampen my excitement for the rest of the season. GMG!!!

We are a much improved team but still a pretty young team with this new focus they seem to have I expect these type of mistakes will get hammered out over the season.