Riley's Injury

NCMeanGreen

Preseason question was how durable Riley was ... I guess the answer to that is less than 2 games. Hope he bounces back. But, Tune did a pretty good job once he got that INT out of his system.

Yeah, but damn that int cost us the game.

Well, i guess you can trace a lot of plays to how we lost the game.

This one is unfortunate.

I could tell somethig was up when Riley slammed his helmet down on the training table. but then, he sat down on the end of a bench in the center of the field, and was surrounded by players trying to block the view of the fans, and whoever else, of what was being done to riley's shoulder (?). After this makeshift huddle broke up, Riley walked around and shook player's hands as they came off the field.

Point is, he never acted like a guy with a shoulder injury. No sling, didn't take off his pads, and encouraged the fans to make noise.

I've never seen anything like it.

Tough loss.

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes it was a tough night. The interception return, two dropped td passes in the endzone, and failure to pull away

more points in the first half in the opponents territory. It had the makings of a runaway with those plays being made. Woulda, shoulda, could of I guess. I thought the defense played well, though. Is there any reason why the defense went to almost a prevent on the last td pass? That did not make sense to me. It seemed we had them on their heels on that drive in a man to man. Give me your thoughts. It is nice to see competetive football again. The team is making nice strides

GMG

Yes it was a tough night. The interception return, two dropped td passes in the endzone, and failure to pull away

more points in the first half in the opponents territory. It had the makings of a runaway with those plays being made. Woulda, shoulda, could of I guess. I thought the defense played well, though. Is there any reason why the defense went to almost a prevent on the last td pass? That did not make sense to me. It seemed we had them on their heels on that drive in a man to man. Give me your thoughts. It is nice to see competetive football again. The team is making nice strides

GMG

I thought it was the right call. Keep everything in front of you, rush only 3-4 down lineman. Like I said in another thread, Theo whatever-his-name-is, makes that throw once out of 100 chances. Gotta tip my hat to him, he delivered like the postal service

Edited by Got5onIt

I still think now what I was thinking before the game started; in this kind of weather, anything can happen. It is extremely unfortunate that one of the things that happened was Riley getting hurt. Let's be thankful it wasn't a concussion or his throwing shoulder. One thing to be positive about is that the team did not fold after Riley was hurt and Tune threw the pick 6. I disagree with those who say this is not a good team. I think it's a good team with a lot of character. Hopefully, they can continue improving as a team, even if they have to do it without their starting qb for a while. I was proud of what I saw UNT folks doing tonight. We have nothing to be ashamed of, and we have a lot to look forward to.

After Rodge had been through the sideline huddle and Tune had been in the game for a couple of series, I saw Rodge meeting players coming off the field, holding his left hand at his waist with his elbow tucked against his body. Almost looked like a collarbone injury the way he was holding it. I hope that is not the case. Point is, the shoulder was definitely injured.

Yeah, but damn that int cost us the game.

Well, i guess you can trace a lot of plays to how we lost the game.

This one is unfortunate.

Along with two dropped TD passes, fumbled snap with Dodge under center, 15 yd. step-off against UNT with a dumb unsportsmanlike call against our receiver after gaining 14 yds. in a critical situation.