Another Commitment

SUMG

DT commit John Weber also attended Helen Cox. They have a highly touted WR that we might want to take a look at as well.

I think that Carey would fit well on the offensive side. He has some damn good rushing numbers.

Could be a package deal ?? LAWSON

Scout shows Lawson as verbaled to ULL , but rivals shows no commit

Edited by NT03

I love Carey's stats....but I also love what he said here in the article:

“I committed to North Texas,’’ Carey said. “The campus is nice. All of the coaches are really cool. I think it’s a place that really fits my character. The people are warm people. They greet you and they’re really sincere. I think I can go up there and represent Helen Cox well.’’

That sounds like a really mature young man. I love the fact that he wants to represent his high school well.

I like what I read about this guy. Sounds like one of the most versatile athletes we've had lately, I mean, he CAN pass, if you look at his numbers. Height is good at QB, but maybe his "elusiveness" would help there. I'd like to see us try a "wildcat" formation with the direct snap to this guy; they'd have to respect the pass as well as the run. And kicks extra points? Actually we've needed that skill lately.

Nice rushing stats....look at those yds. per carry. I suspect we may have him pegged as a RB.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/player/darius-carey/

North Texas, 1-11 last season, also offers Carey an opportunity for early playing time.

WHY DOES MIKE STROM HATE NORTH TEXAS?!?!?!

FIRE MIKE STROM!

FIRE MIKE STROM!

FIRE MIKE STROM!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

This guy could be an answer at slot receiver. Where I think that he'll excel is what he can do after he catches the ball. And yes, he could pass out of existing formations. Although he lacks quarterback heighth he was pretty accurate; probably rolling out. He appears to be a great pickup.